Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat Vomiting

Karen Lynn
August 10th, 2007, 09:21 PM
My 8yr old Kitty has been vomiting intermittently for almost 48 hrs. Approx 7 times in that space of time. She looks fine, seems fine and is eating. She 'might' be drinking more than usual?

First time was a hairball, and thereafter pretty much liquid and food. She had her annual check up and Rabies vac last weekend.

What to do??
This cat is not prone to throwing up...

Frenchy
August 10th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I would take her to a vet , cats and dogs dehydrate very fast ...

Karen Lynn
August 10th, 2007, 11:45 PM
I am going to call 1st thing in the morning. She is drinking plenty...I have taken her food away as that seems to be what is triggering the vomiting. Maybe if she rests her tummy and keeps the fluids in she will fare better. She seems soooo fine??? Weird..:shrug:

Frenchy
August 10th, 2007, 11:48 PM
I don't know about cats , but I know dogs can have upset stomach (gastro) so maybe that's just it ? :fingerscr

Karen Lynn
August 10th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Sure hope so!
These things always scare me...and always as I am getting ready for vacation! :wall:

Frenchy
August 10th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Sure hope so!
These things always scare me...and always as I am getting ready for vacation! :wall:

I broke a tooth 3 days before my vacation ! :D :shrug:

Karen Lynn
August 10th, 2007, 11:56 PM
I have you beat....I broke 2 teeth in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea last Oct!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 03:56 PM
How is your cat today? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

ellendar
August 30th, 2007, 05:20 AM
could this be a reaction to the vaccine oh when she vomits clean the area with clorox foam spray or something she picked up at the vets?