Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Low cost spay neuter clinic fundraiser - Toronto

marko
August 10th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Posted for Judi by Marko

I don't know if this has been posted already, but there is a group trying to raise money for a low cost spay/neuter clinic serving Toronto and surrounding areas. Petsmart charities have pledged $75,000 towards the start-up costs but this group needs to raise $50,000 by Sept. 1 to secure the money. The website is www.spaycentral.com . They are asking the public for donations but I have not seen any advertising other than an appearance they made on CP24 (City TV's news station). We REALLY need to get the word out.

Post approved by ADMINS

Winston
August 10th, 2007, 08:13 AM
What a great idea! I made a donation at Woofstock! They were there as well!!!! Awesome idea!! :thumbs up

Cindy

kashtin's kin
August 11th, 2007, 09:41 PM
ANYTHING that facilitates ANY critters getting spayed/neutered has my whole-hearted support/vote/you-name-it :thumbs up .

NoahGrey
August 12th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Thanks for this. It is something I totally support:thumbs up

ACO22

mummummum
August 12th, 2007, 11:30 AM
:thumbs up They've got my $ already ! If you haven't given PLEASE do. This is desperately needed in Toronto/ the GTA.

heyjude11
August 14th, 2007, 01:43 AM
If I need to get down on my hands and knees and beg people to support this cause, I'll gladly do it. I received a letter from Spaycentral today and in it they say "Spaycentral Toronto is committed to stopping the number of stray animals multiplying. We, in Toronto, have to control this situation as our city council say they have no money to help us."
I have no affiliation with this organization but am asking you as one animal lover to another to e-mail all your animal-loving friends and ask them to do the same to get the word out.
If you could only see the number of kittens I see every week as a volunteer kitten feeder, many of them newborn and yet motherless, it would surely break your heart. Many do not survive and this is a situation that can be remedied with our help.
Spaycentral only has until September 30 to raise $50,000. If they do not raise the necessary funds by then they will lose the $75,000 pledged by Petsmart Charities.
Your help is urgently needed.