Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi! Im Sam's Mom 2 - how is everyone?

Sam's Mom 2
August 9th, 2007, 06:59 PM
:cat: I have a question for cat owners - if you have spayed or neutered your pet - do they always end up with a flabby, soft tummy? I know od 2 female cats done by the same Vet - just 3 months apart, and one is sleek and trim - the other has a flabby tummy that sways when she walks. How come? Both these cats lead a similar life style and similar diet. I always thought it had to do with the Vet and how they operate, but in this case - it was the same person. Any ideas why this happens?:cat:

Blathach
August 9th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Dear Sam's Mom 2,

Thanks so much for joining our forum. You'll find in general that we are a friendly devoted bunch of pet lovers trying to help other pet lovers. Our forum does have a certain 'pulse' so please take a look here to check out the rules and guidelines. (http://www.pets.ca/forum/announcement.php?f=36&a=12)

Thanks for joining, please post some pictures of your pets if you can, and feel free to ask the members, moderators or admins for help if you need it.

Your friendly neighborhood Mod and Admin team.

growler~GateKeeper
August 9th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Welcome to the board

As for cats belly pouch, no not all cats get it
I think mostly it's physiological: ie depends on body type, size, weight, metabolism, genetics etc, it has nothing to do with the vet who spayed them - the process of spaying/neutering has nothing to do with the outward belly appearance of the cats

From my experience:
More females than males get the pouch
Many torties get the pouch
Being in the same house, having the same food, exercise & lifestyle will not determine if the cat get a pouch or not

My Bandit a male tuxedo did not have a pouch
My Mischief a female calico did not have a pouch
My Duffy a female tortie (who was only a year younger than Mischief when I got her) has a belly pouch

rainbow
August 10th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Welcome to the forum. I've had numerous cats over the years (all spayed/neutered) and they all had little belly pouches. :shrug: We'd love to see pics of Sam. :cat: