Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

where in the world are all u pet lovers from??

wAggie
May 14th, 2004, 02:33 PM
:D

lol, my first post in this room, yay!

i'm reading about snow... and it's +31 here in Toronto, ONT :p

(well, feels like according to the Weather Network website!)

NEXT! :cool:

chico2
May 14th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Waggie...nothing interesting from me,same nice hot stuff,since I am in Oakville Ontario.It's beeeeaaaauutiful!!!
Ooops,I forgot to mention,born in Stockolm Sweden,immigrated to Canada in 1974 with hubbie and 3 kids.

mona_b
May 14th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Well born and raised in the big T.O...... :D

But moved here to Hamilton last summer...And yes it is Beeeeeaaaauutiful here also.. :)

Goldenmom
May 14th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario.

I work at the University of Waterloo and I also have a small business at home selling Golden Retriever merchandise.

Heather

Karin
May 14th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Born in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl., raised in Marathon..and then all over the globe! ( born into a Pan Am family) I always bounced right back to my home state.

85 degrees here and very humid. Sun is shining & I need to work on my tan again...but I have to work until Wednesday. The pool belongs to ME next week!

woodbyter
May 14th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Born in Louisville,Kentucky;Lived in Blue Rocks, Nova Scotia;London England;Most of the states east of the Mississippi and currently reside in Michigan.
:cool:

Luba
May 15th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Uhm Woody.... what u running from? Are you on AMW tonight?
:eek:

Scarborough (Toronto) person all me life!

woodbyter
May 15th, 2004, 04:13 PM
No, I am not on the run and if I were they could easily find me since I work for the Federal Government. My moving has been mainly because of assignments. Unlike the song, most of my "Ex's" are not in Texas...LOL
Woody
:D

Lucky Rescue
May 15th, 2004, 09:38 PM
I'm in Quebec, where war is waged over the colour of margarine. :D

Bill & Bob
May 15th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Spent 25 years in Kingston (no comments please, we Kingstonians are sensative to that). Four days on the road, and here I be in Vancouver.

CJPARSONS80
May 15th, 2004, 09:47 PM
wow lots of you are from Ontario...hoping to move there in about 4 years when i am done school...Hello Toronto Hospital for Sick Kids...Right now I am in Newfoundland

melanie
May 15th, 2004, 09:49 PM
spent most of life falling in and out of big holes all over australia and new zealand. nz as young girl for a few years and then back to the lucky country. done alot of hitchhiking around australia and find the desert the best part of the whole country, just beautiful. the australian bush is my home. was living near nimbin (hippy village full of drugs nth nsw) for 5 years hiding umongst the hippies and cranky farmers, beautiful rainforest area, miss it. living nearish to sydney now and not enjoying so much due to environmental degradation around here, but great bird life. also great cultural changes hear, very straight laced community who always wear shoes, i stand out like asore thumb and truly hate shoes, what a way to treat your beautiful feet, sheesh so unatural..
ps moving back to the real bush in about 1year, cant wait to go home.

Catt31
May 16th, 2004, 01:05 AM
Born and raised in Calgary, Alberta......moved away a few times but always found my way back home. Lived in London, Ont. for a few years, but missed the mountains wayyy too much!!!

Princesss04
May 17th, 2004, 11:06 AM
I was born in Corydon, IN. I just got married on May 1, so my hubsand and I moved to Veedersburg, IN. :D

heidiho
May 17th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Phoenix,Arizona

melanie
May 17th, 2004, 05:45 PM
congratulations princess :D :D i am a new may bride myself (13th), fun isnt it? :D does IN stand for Indiana??
and mona is TO toronto?? :D :eek: :D :D

mona_b
May 17th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Yuppers Melanie...... :D ;) :p

puppy_love
May 18th, 2004, 07:44 AM
undefinedundefinedundefined:D

lol, my first post in this room, yay!

i'm reading about snow... and it's +31 here in Toronto, ONT :p

(well, feels like according to the Weather Network website!)

NEXT! :cool:
:) mY FIRST POST AS A NEW MEMBER, lol, Hello to everyone, like you i am from ont. Mississauga, no snow, but cold! have a good day! :)

chico2
May 18th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Puppy-Love,what do you mean no snow,but cold :confused:
I am in Oakville,a half hour away from Mississauga and the last week it's been like summer,maybe you mean Mississauga Alaska :D :D
Welcome to Pets.ca :p

wAggie
May 18th, 2004, 04:42 PM
welcome puppy love!

what kind of pet(s) u got? :D

witchy
October 2nd, 2004, 03:55 AM
Hi there, my first try in this Forum!!!
I am from down under Adelaide South Australia. Nice day here, but started to get cold now, near dinner time..
Byeee Witchy :)

chico2
October 2nd, 2004, 08:44 AM
Hi Withcy,welcome to the Forum,you should start a NEW Thread and introduce yourself,we have a couple of great members from Aussie-Land,Melanie being the most famous :D

glasslass
October 2nd, 2004, 11:54 AM
The great fertile Central Valley of California, food basket of the world!

krdahmer
October 2nd, 2004, 12:23 PM
OOoooo I love California....that was by far my favorite family vacation. (Of course my favorite adult vacation was Bourbon Street....I mean New Orleans.....LOL ;) )
I'm born and raised and never leavin' Niagara Falls...Wonder of the World!!!!
And yes we Canadians have the better falls... :p ;)

BamaRama
October 2nd, 2004, 04:24 PM
Oh dear. How much time do you have? Ok I'll be quick:) (I'm an air-force brat!)

B. in Halifax, NS
Moved to Ottawa (3 years)
Moved to Canberra, Australia (almost 2 years)
Moved back to Halifax (5 years)
Moved to Victoria, BC (8 years)
Moved to Montgomery, Alabama (1 year)
Moved to Toronto, ON (going on 3rd year)

:)

wAggie
October 2nd, 2004, 07:53 PM
whow, bamarama!

which place have u enjoyed the most thus far? :eek:

iRONKNiGHT
October 3rd, 2004, 12:50 AM
very straight laced community who always wear shoes, i stand out like asore thumb and truly hate shoes, what a way to treat your beautiful feet, sheesh so unatural..
ps moving back to the real bush in about 1year, cant wait to go home.

Or you can always Move to Canada.. i know a really nice comfy Cave not too far from where i live.. it's a bit of a fix-r-upper but i know you'll make it home sweet home in no time..plus i'm sure you'll enjoy having the extra luxury.. of a Well close by!!

Stewart
October 3rd, 2004, 01:34 AM
England,Somerset here!Born and bred here have never flown across the pond yet,Westwards I mean ;) Hope to one day :) So for me its Somerset born!Somerset bred strong in the arm and thick in the head ! :p Country boy ! :D

badger
October 3rd, 2004, 07:10 AM
Tell them about the cider, Stewart. My grandmother was from Bath. Her father was a draper - when I went there years ago, the sign was still faintly legible on the side of the building he occupied. On my father's side (no big deal, guys, I ain't royalty), we're related to.....Camilla!

Bugsy
October 3rd, 2004, 09:02 AM
IronKnight...

2 4 2 you never fail to make me LMAO :D

Stewart
October 3rd, 2004, 09:33 AM
Tell them about the cider, Stewart. My grandmother was from Bath. Her father was a draper - when I went there years ago, the sign was still faintly legible on the side of the building he occupied. On my father's side (no big deal, guys, I ain't royalty), we're related to.....Camilla!

Well badger,I live about 25 miles south of Bath in deep cider country.Our cider is made on old farms to various family methods the apples are collected and pressed in muslin in old wooden presses then the extracted juice is stored in old wooden barrles to ferment now some say that a dead rat or two left in help to make the apple juice (CIDER) more potent a brew. :eek: And believe me it will blow your socks off! :D The real scrumpy as its know over here is usually slightly cloudy looking sort of like cold tea to look at :eek: Nowaday some big brewerys make a clear cider which is more appealing to the eye and more scocially acceptable ;) but its really fizzy pop compared to real scrumpy ;) You can find no better than a ploughmans lunch, Strong Cheddar cheese,Freshly baked bread and glass of real rough scrumpy :) But drinking this brew to much can definately lead to problems cause over the years I have seen many a good bloke get hooked on this stuff and its ruined families.Drunk with respect it is truely refreshing :)

coonlover
October 3rd, 2004, 10:45 AM
Originally from Windsor, most my life actually till 2 yrs ago, moved to Brantford and met my sweetie here :D He moved here from Montreal around the same time for his son who is blind, there is a wonderful school here for him. I moved here for a job, we moved here just a month apart from each other....could it be fate?? ;)

Writing4Fun
October 3rd, 2004, 11:37 AM
Stewart, you make me want to hop on a plane and visit Somerset for a week or two! :D

badger
October 3rd, 2004, 11:38 AM
I tasted it at the first Glastonbury Festival (I am THAT old), brought along by the locals, who were trading it for other mind-altering substances... Climbed the Thor. The stage was shaped like a pyramid and the rain was unrelenting. In Oxford, where I mostly lived at the time, there were local ciders available at the off-license, but nothing came close to scrumpy. Ooowee!

Cactus Flower
October 3rd, 2004, 12:47 PM
Born in Newmarket Ontario to a German family. Lived there, Aurora and Keswick. Germany, too. Then moved to Florida, and I moved out early with a severe case of wanderlust:

Moved to West Virginia
then to Toronto
back to Florida
back to West Virginia
back to Florida
to Vermont
back to Florida
to S. Carolina
to N. Carolina
to Colorado.......

etc etc.

That was until I found New Mexico. Cured that wanderlust in an instant. Been here almost eleven years, and I'm not moving :D .

BamaRama
October 3rd, 2004, 12:57 PM
Ok, this may seem like a silly question, but how do you just up and move to another country? Obviously the states let you stay, Cactus? Or was it for a job?

wAggie--Victoria, BC is where I consider home to be. I'll most likely be moving back there in the next little while:)

meggie1425
October 3rd, 2004, 01:35 PM
Cactus Flower, WOW!! youve lived in ALOT of places, ive lived in the same boring town my whole life. Since you were born in Newmarket, i assume you know where bradford is?? I was also born in Newmarket, but i live less then 10 minutes away, in Bradford.

Writing4Fun
October 3rd, 2004, 02:11 PM
Oh, Meggie! You're in Bradford? I'm in Stroud! You should come on up for a coffee one day! :D

Cactus Flower
October 3rd, 2004, 03:44 PM
Well I have German and Canadian citizenship, and landed immigrancy in the U.S. So I can legally live in work in those three countries. It was my Mom who immigrated us to the U.S when I was younger, so she did all of the paperwork to get us deemed legal "aliens".

As far as all of my moving around after that...
I would save up just enough money to move, then spend it all getting there. Things would be thin, but I'd immediately get a job and start saving for the next place, living very modestly. Spend it all getting to the next place, repeat cycle. I've gotten jobs in one horse towns that supposedly don't hire you unless you are related to someone, etc. But then again, I wasn't picky about work. I've done everything from shovel out horse stalls to writing for a magazine. And I've never been shy about getting out and meeting people. That always ups the chances of meeting someone who has a cheap place to rent, or needs some extra help at their store.....etc etc etc.
I was actually on my way to Matamoros, Mexico when I drove through New Mexico and fell in love with this place. My family thought I'd never settle down! But I think they believe me now :) .

Yes, I know where Bradford is- lovely area!

yvonnem
October 3rd, 2004, 04:01 PM
another air force brat

born in ontario
moved to Saskatchewan
moved to France
moved to Germany
moved to Ottawa
moved to Trenton ON
moved to Brandon Manitoba
moved to Brantford Ontario
moved to Hamilton and here I stay

Yvonne

GsdDiamond
October 3rd, 2004, 05:25 PM
Born and raised in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Moved to Richmond, BC (sub of Vancouver) about 10 years ago, and then moved back 3 years after that. Been back in Winnipeg for about 7 years and will probably die here unless the lottery kicks in. Then it's off to BC again.

moontamara
October 3rd, 2004, 08:35 PM
Aww, Winnipeg is my sorta hometown (the place where my family would go when it was time to go to the city!) It's still the airport I most frequently arrive in when I visit Canada (after transferring in Vancouver).

I was born in Saskatoon, grew up in Kenora, Ontario (practically Manitoba -- far far far from you Torontonians), schooled in Thunder Bay, lived briefly in Victoria, B.C., and have been in South Korea for the last 4 years!

wAggie
October 3rd, 2004, 11:12 PM
wow! interesting tales, er histories!

I was actually born and raised in Poland.

moved to Ka-na-da in '88 and stayed here since. :D

CyberKitten
October 3rd, 2004, 11:36 PM
I am in the beautiful province of New Brunswick, Canada.

badger
October 4th, 2004, 02:09 AM
I'm originally from BC, lots of wandering, Britain for four years, France for two, three times to India for long spells, a few years in Vancouver, a decade in Ottawa, Montreal since 1996. I'm thinking of moving back west, to someplace fairly remote, with a wireless computer, my cats, coupla dogs, books, maybe a mountain man :) Montreal is a great town, but I'm with Mel, the bush looks better and better...

Kona Dawg
October 4th, 2004, 02:31 AM
Gov't brat here.

Born in Chapleau, ON
I've lived in...
Timmins, ON
Kapascasing, ON
back to Timmins, ON
Then to Lively, ON (just west of Sudbury)
Then came to Ottawa for school and forgot to leave.

Iggette
October 4th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Ironknight.....2 4 2 you never fail to make me LMAO

Bugsy I was just thinking that....lol.....iRonknight you do have a great sense of humour love your posts and jokes......

Tis is an old thread but here it is

I was born in what was called YORK, Toronto, Ontario?
Raised in scarborough, Ontario
I moved away from the city life in 1999 and have been a country c'hick ever since I love the country always loved the sunday country rides with the parents and yearned to live in the country ever since I was a child so here I am.....and I shall never return to the hustle bustle of cars and people, the stars, the moon, the dee,r and the wildlife are all I need :)

Iggette
October 4th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Oh, Meggie! You're in Bradford? I'm in Stroud! You should come on up for a coffee one day! :D
Hey ....I visit Stroud....My best friend of 30+ years lives on tenth line :)
I got my dog Buddy on one of my visits to her at the Barrie SPCA :)

jackieb
October 4th, 2004, 06:42 AM
British lived in most places in England immigrated to Cambridge Ontario wioth my 3 boys and hubby nearly 6 weeks ago. Plan on moving to our own house next year fingers crossed near my hubbys work.

Stewart
October 4th, 2004, 07:15 AM
Stewart, you make me want to hop on a plane and visit Somerset for a week or two! :D

Well,Writing Somerset is in the south west of this little old rock we are fortunate enough to have coastline along one side of the county and ranges of hills north and south of us one range is forestry clad and the other range are goarse and heathland ...... Really we are spoilt for choise but hey our climate is somethig else lol.... Bring your umberella lol :D

jackieb
October 4th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Lived in england till we immigrated here 6 weeks ago, my dad lives in devon so have drove past somerset never been there!

Stewart
October 4th, 2004, 07:32 AM
were you impressed ....not as hilly as Devon ....better TV and radio reception lol! :)

jackieb
October 4th, 2004, 07:36 AM
I do love Cornwall but my dad lived in devon and it was a cheap holkiday with the kids! My dad had to get sky so that he can see his tv picture lol! Mind you i pay for cable here and cant say im impressed!! And yes Somerset looked nice I had a friend from there the accent is quite strong. :p and mine of course isnt ! lol

Stewart
October 4th, 2004, 07:41 AM
OOOOOOOOO RRRRRRRRRRRRR ! the accent be strong :D Was down in Tiegnmouth myself last week for a walk on the beach with my pups lol !:)

GunnerX
October 4th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Born in the Philippines and came to Canada in '89. Lived in Toronto ever since. Well, with the exception of living in Waterloo when I went to University there.

shihtzulover
October 4th, 2004, 09:25 AM
I was born and raised in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Moved to Toronto for 24 hours then right back home again. So I will stay here for the rest of my life. :)

heeler's rock!
October 4th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Well, I am one boring person! I am born and raised in Calgary. I lived in the same house with my parents for 22 years!! Only now have I moved into my own place, 15 minutes away from my mommy! :D

My parents have moved around a bit, before settling down to have me and my sis. Both were born in Africa, my mom in Kenya and my dad in Uganda. They both moved to England for some time, got an arranged marriage, and moved to Canada, more specifically, Calgary, in Ogden and they've been in the same house ever since......how romantic...... :rolleyes:

elmoy
October 4th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Well, I was born in Hull QC, lived in Ottawa pretty much my whole life, then moved to Fredericton New Brunswick, two years later moved back to Ottawa (that lasted 3 months!) and I came back to Fredericton for good! Been back for four years now. Too old for big city life now :p

Besides, I met my sweetie here :)

jackieb
October 4th, 2004, 10:45 AM
born in Bletchley England raised in Bedfordshire for 20 years then moved to had my eldest child in leicestershire were we lived for 2 years,then moved to kentlived there about a year had my middle child here, west yorkshire, Southern Ireland had my youngest in southern ireland beautifil place rains alot expensive to live though so moved back to England to Cannock which is near Birmingham. then immigrated here to stay with my hubby and my 3 boys 6 weeks ago plan on moving once more (hopefully) in Ontario though just neare hubbys work moved loads recently!

Chatocat
October 4th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Currently reside in Montreal Quebec. Born in Maryland, lived in Florida for my first 12 years, then moved to Tennessee for 12 years and have been here in Montreal for 6 1/2 years now.

chico2
October 4th, 2004, 12:41 PM
I think I already posted this,but waaaaay back :D
Anyway,born,raised and married in Stockholm Sweden.
Ran away from home as a teen,hitch-hiked to Vienna Austria where I stayed for a year.Went back to Stockholm married my handsome frenchman and we emigrated to Canada and here we are 100yrs later :D

krdahmer
October 4th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Well, I am one boring person! I am born and raised in Calgary. I lived in the same house with my parents for 22 years!! Only now have I moved into my own place, 15 minutes away from my mommy! :D

Thank goodness I was starting to feel like such a home-body!!! I lived with my parents 25yrs (with a 1.5yr stint on my own-also in an appt down the street and around the corner!)...and now I live like an 8 min. drive cross town from them!!! (Hubby whines about that all the time...he has to live 3.5hrs from his, but I warned him that I was never leavin this area! I did agree that when we start to look for a house I will look as far as Grimsby LOL- cause that's where my little brother lives!!!!) ;)

Writing4Fun
October 4th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Hey ....I visit Stroud....My best friend of 30+ years lives on tenth line :)
I got my dog Buddy on one of my visits to her at the Barrie SPCA :)
Wow! The 10th line is like right around the corner from me! You should pop in for a coffee one day, too! Is she near the new firehall, or closer to the golf course, or the community centre/library?

Heeler's - you're not boring! Just stable. :D I was born and raised in LaSalle, QC (suburb of Montreal). I, too, lived with my parents until the age of 21 when I married my high-school sweetheart. We lived in Chateauguay, QC after getting married. Moved from Chateauguay to Innisfil, ON in 1999, and here we've stayed. Wonderful place to raise a family and a couple of dogs. All the lots in our subdivision are 1/2 acre! ;)

chico2
October 4th, 2004, 03:09 PM
I don't blame you guys for wanting to live near family,if we had any family(other than our 3 sons)we would certainly live close by....charish your family for as long as you have them :)

drewfan
October 4th, 2004, 03:12 PM
I am new here too....I am 26..married(for just over a year) 2 kids..girls...from Oshawa Ont....the weather is nice..except for the wind..brrr :)

heeler's rock!
October 4th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Krd, I agree. I have to be close to my family. Who else is gonna cook for me???? ;) My hubby's parents also live in Calgary, but they are a bit further away, about 25 - 30 mins. His parents are from Peru and he and his sis were born there. They immigrated here when he was about 4.

I do have to admit, I did move to Lethbridge, AB for about 3 months after high school with my ex. I did the whole "rebelion" thing and tried to make it on my own. Didn't work too well!! :p :D

melanie
October 4th, 2004, 05:58 PM
dearest ironknight,
oh you are so funny, arent you mister. some might say cheeky and a total smart arse but no, i say funny :D :p :D .

i say free the feet, wearing shoes yuck, blah :eek:. and hay, up north where i call home, it is natural and even the little kiddies go shoe less, and i once took part in a study to determine why some of us hate shoes, yes my university will fund just about anything if it is called academic pursuit. although these days one must be careful in grass, very dodgy.

now summer is here, no more stupid confining shoes, yahooo. and i dont go through shoes very fast, they last years as they are not worn in summer, only winter.

FREE YOUR FEET FELLA :p :D :D

meggie1425
October 4th, 2004, 06:25 PM

Ive heard of Stroud, but i dont think ive ever been there.

Writing4Fun
October 4th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Ive heard of Stroud, but i dont think ive ever been there.
Stroud's just up the road. If you've ever taken Yonge street up to Barrie, then you've driven through downtown Stroud! :D LOL! But if you blinked while driving, you might have missed it! ;)

hounds003
October 4th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Hi all! I was born and raised in Winnipeg. Moved to Ontario in my late 20's (long time ago). I'm in Ancaster now and if all goes as planned will be moving to Simcoe this weekend. :D

Georgette

meggie1425
October 4th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Ive driven up to barrie, i gusse ive just never noticed it!! Im kind of embarrassed now :o

Writing4Fun
October 4th, 2004, 10:15 PM
LMAO! I guess you blinked! No need to be embarassed. When we first moved here, it was really nondescript - no gas station or stop lights, although the IGA has been here for a while. We now have a Tim Horton's, and they had to put in a couple of stop lights - looks like we're moving up in the world! :D

chico2
October 5th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Heelers,we were visiting some friends years ago who lived in Pincher Creek Alta(near Lethbridge) and I absolutely hated it,the wind could drive you mad....most of our friends friends were bigotted red-necks,Alberta has many beautiful sights,Pincher Creek not one of them :eek:

Sheriffmom
October 5th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Born and raised in TO, moved to Fonthill (just outside of Niagara Falls), moved to Waterloo for school, then back to the Niagara area. Currently on the very outer rim of Niagara---close to the Hammer (for those not from the area The Hammer= Hamilton!! :p )

Sheriffmom
October 5th, 2004, 02:10 PM
KRD- I live in Grimsby. Where abouts is your brother? I didn't think I'd like it here... too far away from Ma and Pa (Fonthill), but really it's only 20minutes. (Hubs on the other hand lives like 30hrs from his parents :( ) Oh, well we see them at least 2X per year :) !! Anyway, you should come look in my neighbourhood when you decide to buy.... EXTREAMLY pet friendly area. All of us look after everyone elses pets when someone is at work/on vacation whatever. Everyone has and loves pets here!! :D

heeler's rock!
October 5th, 2004, 05:56 PM
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! Chico, that is so funny! Imagine being the only brown girl with a bunch of white boys in Smitty's one afternoon for lunch......yep, it was that bad! I couldn't believe how many people were staring at us!!! It was kinda funny actually! I've never been to Pincher Creek, and I don't ever wanna go! I HATE small towns in Alberta! You would think that with all the cultural diversity in Calgary and Edmonton, that people would be more used to seeing different colours of people. Apparently not!!! :D

Writing4Fun
October 5th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Heeler's, your post just reminded me of a very funny comedian from Nfld (can't remember his name - darn this sieve of a memory!). He has a very funny routine about being the only "brown" family on the rock. If you've ever watched "Just for Laughs", I'm sure you've seen him. :)

mastifflover
October 5th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Well I live in Toronto very close to High Park. I have one very cute English Mastiff named Buddy. No two legged kids for me only 4 legged ones. Hope to expand the pack in the next year or so more 4 legged. Single and love it. I work in the film industry in Toronto when it is actually happening it has not been a good year for filming in this city actually since SARS.

badger
October 5th, 2004, 06:32 PM
writing4fun, I believe you mean Shaun Majumder, very funny guy, I think his family was originally from India, raised on The Rock. He is now a regular on This Hour Has 22 Minutes.

Writing4Fun
October 5th, 2004, 08:10 PM
That's his name! Thanks, Badger! :D

Mastifflover, what an interesting job! Apparently, Viggo Mortensen was filming up in our neck of the woods at the end of September. *Sigh* So close, and yet so far... :o

wAggie
October 5th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Well I live in Toronto very close to High Park.

hey! same here!

you go there often? :)

krdahmer
October 5th, 2004, 11:41 PM
KRD- I live in Grimsby. Where abouts is your brother? I didn't think I'd like it here... too far away from Ma and Pa (Fonthill), but really it's only 20minutes. (Hubs on the other hand lives like 30hrs from his parents :( ) Oh, well we see them at least 2X per year :) !! Anyway, you should come look in my neighbourhood when you decide to buy.... EXTREAMLY pet friendly area. All of us look after everyone elses pets when someone is at work/on vacation whatever. Everyone has and loves pets here!! :D

He's on Pleasant Grove Terrace...I take the Bartlett exit to get there. His is a nice friendly street too. I'd love to live somewhere where you could trust your neighbours to watch your house....here I don't even like opening my door to my neighbours. :rolleyes:
I certainly want that area...but we will most likely look out in the country, as hubby wants to bring his work home with him (a semi truck) and have a shop to work on it. I also want room to put up a large shed with heat/air/water so that I can foster animals without traumatizing mine! Yep....we got all the dreams and not the cash....LOL ;)
We are going to wait a little longer than I wanted to in order to look into building a house...as neither of us like the style of houses they are building most places these days. His parents did the same, got theirs from Viceroy. And being a country boy he wants to have room around his house. :rolleyes:
For what I don't know....he is only home 2 days a week and I am useless when it comes to the outdoors...I mean I am allergic to almost everything that grows!!! :eek:
I would love to come meet that cutie puppy of yours though!!!

moontamara
October 6th, 2004, 12:25 AM
writing4fun, I believe you mean Shaun Majumder, very funny guy, I think his family was originally from India, raised on The Rock. He is now a regular on This Hour Has 22 Minutes.

This Hour has 22 minutes is still on???? Oh, that makes me sooo homesick!! We get a lot of U.S. TV here, but nothing from Canada (of course)...

schape
October 6th, 2004, 10:37 AM
My first message ever... I was born and grew up in Finland. I moved around quite a bit because of my studies (UK, Holland, Germany, Sweden, Australia, Canada) until about 3.5 years ago I moved to Canada. And here I've been ever since, in Sudbury, Northern Ontario.

chico2
October 6th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Schape,Hi there fellow Nordic person,welcome to the Forum!!
I know Finns are not that crazy about Swedes and vise versa,but I don't include myself in that quotation :D
Please introduce yourself and your dog,or whatever you have :)

schape
October 7th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Schape,Hi there fellow Nordic person,welcome to the Forum!!
I know Finns are not that crazy about Swedes and vise versa,but I don't include myself in that quotation :D
Please introduce yourself and your dog,or whatever you have :)

Hi chico2! I have nothing against Swedes, except when it's about ice hockey :D Then, it's a serious business :p It's nice to "meet" other people from Northern Europe here at the Forum!

chico2
October 7th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Yeah,I know Hockey is serious business :D
I once met a Swede from Sudbury,he was here selling Christmas-trees...Please stick around,this is a great animal-lovers Forum!!

sue fox
October 7th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone:
Yeh we canadians have the better falls :D I live in Harrow close to Windsor, it 22/72 and such a beautiful day!!

Tannerbaby
October 14th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Im in Cambridge Ontario now:) :p

big boy
October 15th, 2004, 03:08 PM
I am from newfoundland!! Been living in Ontario for 12 years now. This is my first note on the chat line I just joined up. The weather is nice here as well in The Nations Capital!!

Bearsmom
October 15th, 2004, 04:29 PM
My first message ever... I was born and grew up in Finland. I moved around quite a bit because of my studies (UK, Holland, Germany, Sweden, Australia, Canada) until about 3.5 years ago I moved to Canada. And here I've been ever since, in Sudbury, Northern Ontario.

Huh. I grew up in Sudbury! (New Sudbury to be exact)! Small world.

Petographer
October 17th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Born in Toronto, raised in Port Perry Ont., living near Vancouver since 1993. Nothing could drag me away from these mountains, nothing!
I noticed that the closest to B.C. that people live on these forums is Alberta. Huge #'s in Ontario. Is there anyone else from beautiful B.C. ?

lilith_rizel
October 17th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Raised in Minnesota, USA, now live where ever the Army puts my husband and I. It really sucks. Live in one place for 7 months, then its time to move.

Ling
October 19th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Lived in Delta BC all my life, just moved out of my parents place and bought a little townhouse in Port Coquitlam.
Anyone close by and wanna have a puppy play date? :)
Or know anyone that would be interested?

heeler's rock!
October 19th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Hey Lilith. My best friend is in the US army too. he used to be stationed in Maryland but then after his 6 years was up, he came back to Calgary to start a life here, only to find out that the Canadian Gov't doesn't like millitary personel and taxed him up the wahzoo!! Anyways, he got married to my now best friend this summer, andthey packed up and went back to the army. he's now stationed in Fort Hood, TX. He's being deployed to Iraq next March. His wife is taking it pretty well for now, but she'll need me when he officially does go...... :(

Petographer
October 20th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Lived in Delta BC all my life, just moved out of my parents place and bought a little townhouse in Port Coquitlam.
Anyone close by and wanna have a puppy play date? :)
Or know anyone that would be interested?

Good to see a local B.C.er on the forum. As far as a puppy date, I'm in Cloverdale so we'll have to see about that. :)

Joelle
October 20th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Yes I live in Montreal, the city of crazy :crazy: drivers!!! And crazy parties :evil: !!!LOL Where the bars close at three :p poor Torontonions! LOL
just kidding...I did live in Mississauga for 10 years!...Beautiful City!!! :)

lovemyboxer
October 23rd, 2004, 04:11 PM
I'm in Union West Virginia. I have lived in this area my entire life. :)