Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

tick head still there?

cbubbatutu2002
May 14th, 2004, 08:29 AM
I pulled a tick off my dog's neck last night and I think the head is still there, she won't hold still long enough for me and my husband to check her out, but there is a small bump there where the tick came off......without it's head, will it fall out by itself, or is there something I can do to get it out?

kasher+tazz
May 14th, 2004, 08:45 AM
you should take your doggie to the vets - these can get pretty nasty if you leave them

Luba
May 14th, 2004, 09:52 AM
If you are not experienced in removing them yourself you should take your dog to the vet. These little buggers carry lyme disease and can make your dog very ill.

Chany
May 14th, 2004, 11:53 AM
If you think that its head is still in there then you definitely have to to see your vet to get it out. Those little monsters keep right on ticking without their body.

melanie
May 17th, 2004, 06:16 PM
ticks breath through their bum, dont laugh it is true :D . when you find a tick put vasaline or similar on its bum and it will soon suffocate, once dead slowly remove it and it will all come out as the tick looses its grip in death. or if no vaseline spray witht a bit of personal insect reppellent and it will have the same effect (worse case and no products mentioned above just use any fat around or cream).. :D