Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Good thing I'm an insomniac anyway

Schwinn
August 8th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Mrs. Schwinn went to the Dr's yesterday, and he figures that the Grover (as I call the new baby, since the ultra-sound looks like a muppet) will be early. I asked, "How early?" "Oh, sometime between the next two weeks and...tomorrow".

She's still insisting I do bike patrol on Sunday. I can just see it, I'll probably be 10 k out in the woods on the toughest course when I'll get the call. This time, though, I think I'll have her call the resort who can radio me. Last time I carried my cell phone in my camelback (like a back pack), I couldn't reach it and looked like a dog chasing it's tail trying to get at it. Then I started tearing off my first aid kit, radio to finally get the pack off. Of course, the riders are looking at me going, "Hey, what's up with the patroller guy? Are his clothes on fire??" Finally, I get the phone out, hit "answer", "Yea?" **big gulp of air* "Hey, we just wanted to see how fast you could answer your phone. Not bad!" I promptly hung up on my step-father, vowing that if the asthma/panic attack didn't kill me, I would have my revenge...

I'm still leery about going. Of course, this is the woman who wanted to go to the movies, then dragged me to Home Depot, then dinner, then at the hospital at 10 pm says, "Oh, I've been in labour since 7 am. I just didn't feel like sitting around all day".

Yea, it's going to be a long week or so...

Frenchy
August 8th, 2007, 10:54 PM
hit "answer", "Yea?" **big gulp of air* "Hey, we just wanted to see how fast you could answer your phone. Not bad!"

:laughing:

Don't want to add to the pressure, but it always go faster for the second one :eek:

Just breathe Schwinn ! :goodvibes:

breeze
August 8th, 2007, 10:56 PM
at least you will have pets.ca to keep you busy on your sleepless nights :laughing:

I was the one who went to 3 big shopping center looking for a gift for our anniverary that day (did not find anything then went into labor that night) so who am I to say not to go or to go

hazelrunpack
August 8th, 2007, 11:19 PM
So did you ever get your revenge? :p

And congrats on the soon-to-be newbie! :D

mummummum
August 8th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Holymanyana does time pass ! I can't believe Grover's (and don't you dare call him that !!!) almost here. It seems like just a few months ago yoou announced his errr...inception !

And btw Frenchy is right ~ the first one has cleared the path and rung the bell ~ the second one can just zip on by !

Keep us posted !

jiorji
August 9th, 2007, 12:01 AM
hehehe I interrupted my parents' movie date when I arrived:D
it was probably a crappy movie anyways:rolleyes:

dtbmnec
August 9th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Mrs. Schwinn went to the Dr's yesterday, and he figures that the Grover (as I call the new baby, since the ultra-sound looks like a muppet) will be early. I asked, "How early?" "Oh, sometime between the next two weeks and...tomorrow".

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I can't stop laughing!!!

My dad was out at a party all night the day I was born. He came home, they went to the hospital, and mom sat and sat and sat and sat and waited...and then out of nowhere poof I was there! The doctor barely had enough time to get on his scrubs...I was almost born in the elevator...its probably why they now have everything on one floor :p Yes...the hospital was never the same again after I blew through. *giggles*

:goodvibes:

Megan

Schwinn
August 10th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Okay, so Mrs. Schwinn's out of the baby pool...she said it'd be today, and unless she has the world's fastest delivery...she's in bed snoring away, so it won't happen.

My prediction is Wednesday...unless I patrol on Sunday. She told me to go ahead, but I'm not sure. If I'm in the farthest corner of the resort, and I get a call from her, I MIGHT be able to make it back to the chalet in 10 mins, I could leave my bike there, so I'll save 15 mins loading up, try driving in my riding shoes, maybe save another 5 mins, but then there's the hour drive home. Unfortunatly, I'm committed to the shift, too. I'll probably wake up Sunday and see how she feels. As she said, though, one "oh!" from her, and I'll cancle.

What's really funny is I'm more antsy than with Grace, but I think that's because everyone thought she'd be late. I wasn't expecting anything, then the day Mrs. Schwinn went into labour, I shocked. "What? No, it's too days early. We aren't early people, we're late people!" Now, I'm expecting it...uh, no pun intended.

joeysmama
August 11th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Oh this is so exciting. Baby number 2 changes EVERYTHING !!! I know you think that baby #1 changed everything but the second one changes the whole feel of things. I can't explain it but next week at this time you'll know what I'm talking about. ;)

Our first is 25 years old today !!! He started to make me uncomfortable on his due date, but labor started in the early hours of the next morning and he was born at noon on the day after his due date. Not bad.

His little sister was a full two weeks early, and I'd been wanting her to give up her lease for a full week before that. I was soooo ready to have that one that instead of an 11 hour labor we were done in 4.

I have a friend though who had a 4 hour labor with her FIRST. She heard that second labors are faster so she switched doctors so that she could deliver closer to home, save time getting to the hospital and all that. Her second was a 12 hour labor.

Go figure.:shrug:

I hope Mrs. Schwinn isn't too uncomfortable as the days wind down. Do you have your "Gracie plan" in place? I'm sure you do. It's so much fun introducing the siblings !!!! My very favorite pictures of my kids are the first ones of the two of them together on the day my daughter was born.

Prayers for a safe and healthy delivery !!!

Keep us posted !!! :stork-baby: :) :stork-baby: