Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Odd behaviour?

Winston
August 8th, 2007, 07:33 PM
For the past couple of weeks I have been a bit forgetful at times and left the toilet seat up! Winston has taken to drinking from the toilet??? He has NEVER even tried it until now?? Just wondering whats up? I know it has been really hot but the house is air conditioned so he should not be overly hot?? I dont put anything in the toilets just for that reason...Just thinking it is a bit weird...and a bit wet when you sit down!! :laughing:

Does anyone else's dogs drink from toilet?? :shrug:

Cindy :pawprint:

growler~GateKeeper
August 8th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Cally used to from his first home, when I got him everyone was warned to be careful & put the lid down. I don't have a dog anymore but the *put the lid down* habit stuck.

breeze
August 8th, 2007, 07:56 PM
For the past couple of weeks I have been a bit forgetful at times and left the toilet seat up! Winston has taken to drinking from the toilet??? He has NEVER even tried it until now?? Just wondering whats up? I know it has been really hot but the house is air conditioned so he should not be overly hot?? I dont put anything in the toilets just for that reason...Just thinking it is a bit weird...and a bit wet when you sit down!! :laughing:

Does anyone else's dogs drink from toilet?? :shrug:

Cindy :pawprint:

Bree does not but my other doggies did.. I was told that it is the coldest water than the bowl we leave out for them. I would put the tolet seat down but they would figure out how to lift the lid and drink :laughing: :laughing:

Winston
August 8th, 2007, 08:01 PM
:laughing: :laughing: Yeah I figure it is that his water isnt cold enough ! I tried putting ice cubes in it for him a few times..He doesnt do it all the time but I seem to have noticed him doing it for that past couple of weeks.... I have to get back into the habit of putting the seat down!

Cindy

breeze
August 8th, 2007, 08:08 PM
just make sure he doesn't figure out how to lift the lid :D Bree loves icecubes I put them in her bowl all the time (heart shaped ones) :laughing:

want4rain
August 8th, 2007, 08:30 PM
so Mister doesnt drink from the toilet or anything... but whats wrong with it??

-ashley

mummummum
August 8th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Ash ~ do you want to sit on dog slobber at 2 in the morning ? :laughing:

breeze
August 8th, 2007, 08:59 PM
maybe ashley doesn't get up to go to the bathroom at 2 in the morning :D

growler~GateKeeper
August 8th, 2007, 09:02 PM
so Mister doesnt drink from the toilet or anything... but whats wrong with it??

-ashley

think of what goes in that bowl everyday - would you drink out of it? :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

want4rain
August 8th, 2007, 09:03 PM
*laughs* my mommy told me to go before i went to bed!!

-ashley

mummummum
August 8th, 2007, 09:08 PM
The only problem with using icecubes is that if your dawg likes to chew on them, they can wear down the enamel on their teeth. If that is the case, you can freeze a bowl of water and put the whole block of ice in your dawg's water bowl. If your dawg still chomps on the block, use a lidded bowl or put the whole kit and kaboodle in the bowl of water.

breeze
August 8th, 2007, 09:09 PM
*laughs* my mommy told me to go before i went to bed!!

-ashley

same here but as you get older things change :laughing: :laughing:

growler but when you flush it is clean again and cold.. have you ever fixed the thing in the back of the tolet it is sooooo cold

mx3 Bree just lick's it to death

want4rain
August 8th, 2007, 09:11 PM
think of what goes in that bowl everyday - would you drink out of it? :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

have you seen what my dog eats?!?! you know he buries his chicken when he is done with it... once or twice now i havent been able to find it (SUPER YUCK!!).

ew
-ashley

growler~GateKeeper
August 8th, 2007, 11:37 PM
growler but when you flush it is clean again and cold.. have you ever fixed the thing in the back of the tolet it is sooooo cold

yeah but there's possiblity of residue in or on the edges of the bowl :yuck: and if you use a flush cleaner the residue of that's in the bowl :yuck:

fixing it - nope I live in an apt so any problems I make a phone call :D :laughing:

want4rain - don't think I want to see what your dog has for dinner or what he does w/it. I'm not one who would feed bones to any animal I've heard too many horror stories about splinters stuck in places etc, but if it works for you....better you hunting for it than me :D

krdahmer
August 9th, 2007, 10:34 AM
:laughing: no no doggie toilet drinkers here, but I have a couple of kitty toilet drinkers.:yuck: And of course it's not the boys, but my super adorable and dainty girls that like to lap from the lavatory. It was an easy fix though, well as easy as training your husband to put the seat and lid down can be.... :rolleyes: :laughing: And I put a bowl in the bathroom sink where it also stays a bit colder and added ice to their other drinking spots. They just crave that fresh cold water.... have you tried ice in his bowl yet?

dtbmnec
August 9th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Pawz used to drink out of the toilet.

It was solved by closing the bathroom door!

He hasn't since :D

Megan

clm
August 9th, 2007, 12:00 PM
The dogs can't get to the bathroom as it's upstairs, but I'm sure they would....Bentley in particular with his current facination with all things water :rolleyes: One of my cats likes to drink from it though, and all the cats think the toilet paper is the greatest toy ever invented, so the bathroom door stays closed in our house.

Cindy

want4rain
August 9th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Cindy.... ours find the paper towel rolls too much to resist!! since we have the kids i have the things placed in the most messy parts of the house along with a squirt bottle of vinegar. needless to say ive had to get creative abotu where my ppt goes. in the new house im going make sure i have cubbies in all of the rooms *just* for rolls of ppt!!! WHERE THE CATS CANT REACH THEM!!!

-ashley