Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pit Bull Co-op/My Dog votes 2!

babyrocky1
August 7th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Hi all, well I guess our thread has lasted a year cuz its that time again!
This year the Candle light vigil will be held on August 19th, at seven for the walk and EIGHT for the candle lighting ceremony.
These anual events are held worldwide in solidarity with anti-bsl people everywhere and honour the memory of all the victims of BSL!
Please make a special effort to attend and bring candles!
This event will be held in downtown Toronto at the waterfront, for specific instructions please pm me.
ALL WELCOME, you dont have to have a "pit bull" just a LOVE for them will do!:candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :pawprint: :ca:

babyrocky1
August 7th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Here we are, lets make it bigger this year!

mummummum
August 16th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Bumping this up as a reminder to all: the 19th is THIS Sunday !

babyrocky1
September 10th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Hi All, just a reminder that the "Pit Bull Co-op" is still meeting regularly in Downtown Toronto. We would LOVE to have you all join us for a walk... you don't have to have a "bullie" all breeds and even dogless folks are welcome!
Just pm me for details.
(Jasmines mag should be out soon!) Ill let you all know as soon as I do.. and if you see it first... Dogs in Canada, the October edition.
Also there will be an afternoon walk in conjunction with "pit bull awareness day" on Saturday October 20th... we do afternoon walks every so often in order to allow for people who have to travel from out of town....hope to see you guys at a walk soon!
ps. often rides can be arranged!

mummummum
September 18th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Rosario and Rocky ~ the DYNAMIC DUO !!!!!

I've always liked Rosario ~ now I like him even more !

wdawson
September 18th, 2007, 09:14 PM
dalton will be live on the bill carol show 7-8am and taking calls....thats 1010cfrb.....mx3...turn over fron cbc :laughing:...or am 740:laughing::laughing:

babyrocky1
September 18th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Rosario and Rocky ~ the DYNAMIC DUO !!!!!

I've always liked Rosario ~ now I like him even more !
Especially since he is using Rocky to get over his fear of dogs :thumbs up
They did very well today!
Got five pics but Rocky was um... grooming himself in the others:crazy:

growler~GateKeeper
September 18th, 2007, 11:46 PM
I'm a bit confused by the pic - isn't it mandatory for Bullies in ON to be muzzled when out in public??:sad: - so now this politician is picture posing with one who isn't muzzled?!? :confused: Is he trying to lobby to abolish the muzzle/BSL laws :pray: :fingerscr Or is this just a "vote for me I like dogs but I still won't abolish BSL"?? :shrug: sorry but never trust a politician :shrug:

babyrocky1
September 18th, 2007, 11:52 PM
The pic is taken outside my apartment, In my Co-op. private property.
Phew. Im glad you asked that so i could clarify it... it was just a photo op lol
But Rosario was campaigning and since everyone in the building loves Rocky.... but No they were not outside the building!
The NDP and the Conservatives both voted against the bill. Rosario has stated that he is still opposed to it as has the conservatives.

wdawson
September 26th, 2007, 01:51 PM
on 1010cfrb all the leaders of the political parties will be hosting a one hour call-in radio show.

here is the link to the schedule.
http://www.cfrb.com/shows/593914

babyrocky1
October 14th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Hi all, time for another Pittie Co-op event, this time its international "Pit Bull" awareness Day!
The co-op will be honoring this day by holding a special "dress up" walk on Saturday, October 20th, (next Sat)! At three.
All breeds welcome! Dogless people welcome as well!
PM me for details, those of you in the know, we will be at the usual waterfront location.

babyrocky1
November 18th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Hi all, Sat the first will be the last "big walk" of 2007, although we are also planning a walk for January 1st 08!
Anyhow, please consider attending, again, you don't need to have a bullie... we would love to have some "newbies"! and we usually have extra dogs to walk if you don't have one to bring!
So please pm me for details... !
Hope to see you there!
Oh ya, its at two in the afternoon.

BabyGrl
November 21st, 2007, 11:06 AM
Too bad I am not in Torotono, I have a Pittie!

babyrocky1
November 21st, 2007, 11:09 AM
If your not too far away, we sometimes have people travelling from out of town who can pick up people.

BabyGrl
November 22nd, 2007, 01:13 PM
Thanks, but I am in Ottawa :sad:

babyrocky1
November 23rd, 2007, 01:11 PM
Don't be sad Baby Grrl... if you go to the Bullies in Need forum you will find peeps from Ottawa doing regular "bullie walks"!

I'll post the link later!:thumbs up

Also, last summer we did a "big" meet up with the Ottawa peeps and "pits" in Belleville and I'm hoping to organize a similar meet this year! Lots of "pittie Pooling" or car pooling was arranged!