Palomine, smaller tuxedo- White nose
Fagan, orange tabby
Asker, torty

krdahmer
August 7th, 2007, 01:17 AM
:D That's the proud mommy grin!:lovestruck:

krdahmer
August 7th, 2007, 01:24 AM
This was just after we moved in November...

growler~GateKeeper
August 7th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the pics they're all so purty :cloud9: :lovestruck:

I'm especially partial to tuxedos (Bandit), torties (Duffy) & calicos (Mischief)

Do they all get along w/each other? I see some are buddies. Duffy & Mischief were 1 year apart, best buds for the first year, then after that they "tolerated" each other - Mischief would be drinking from the water dish with her tail straight out behind her & Duffy would sniff the tip of her tail just to bug her - she wasn't after a drink of water & Mischief would *huff* & stalk off :D

krdahmer
August 7th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Everyone rallied around Fagan this last year...:lovestruck:

krdahmer
August 7th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Let's see, the house dynamics are thus...

The boys love to wrestle, so Smoke hates them all, but tolerates Fagan most times. We have not gone a day without a hiss or two since Buddy moved in, she likes to make sure we all know they are in her personal space.

Smoke hisses at everyone just in case, she is by far the smallest at maybe 7lbs. She does still like to wrestle Windy who she was alone with for the first two years.

Buddy and Palomine like to have a boxing match daily. Windy and Palomine cannot pass each other in the hall without at least one or two good slaps.

Asker is kind of a loner and has quite a few hiding spots but likes to play mouse and tries to make friends with Smoke. She has also been hangin out with Fagan at the tap lately.

There are days where everyone gets in on a little game of tag, usually Fagan and Windy or Buddy and Palomine (and on very rare occassions I catch Smoke my smallest chasing Buddy my biggest down the hall and to the basement.)

Windy is THE boss, my number 2.... she takes no crap and takes care of the little ones, Fagan, Smoke and Asker- licking and cuddling, etc.

And I just live for those days when I come home to or wake up to a room full of cuddly sleepy cats. Even Smoke when they are all sleepy enough will sleep almost butt to butt with Palomine or Buddy (completely by accident I am sure.:rolleyes: )

I have my 'special' times and routines with each one to make sure they all feel special. And I try to never push any of them away even when I'm busy I bend down for a quick nudge or pet.

It's a LOT of work, and sometimes it gets kind of hectic (like when Palomine dropped his two bowls on the tile floor shattering them both and scared Smoke, who proceeded to run down the hall trying to verbally kill Buddy, and sending all the others scattering throughout the house)... but after a while it always settles down and for the most part runs pretty smooth around here. I wouldn't have it any other way and would have more if I had more of myself to go around!:cat:

growler~GateKeeper
August 7th, 2007, 01:58 AM
I totally get the loner Tortie bit - Duffy was better friends with all 3 of my dogs than she ever was w/Mischief. The Torties & Calicos have a special demeanor other cats don't, even some Vets have commented on their different attitude from others. Tortie attitude commonly referred to as Tortitude :D :D

What a houseful of laughs they must be! :D If you've got a video camera you could post cat mis-adventures on the web like Hazelrunpack does w/the :dog: pack

Love the shot w/all 6 on the bed together - it was rare for me to find Duffy & Mischief together by their own choice, I do have some great pics of them though.

Great pics thanks!:)

jessi76
August 7th, 2007, 09:08 AM
wow - look at all the pretty kitties!!! great pics!

Frenchy
August 7th, 2007, 10:42 AM
I love the picture of them on the bed :laughing:

krdahmer
August 7th, 2007, 10:42 AM
I love that Tortitude... that describes my first cat Cordy (who lives with my mom and dad) to a tee. Asker is more skittishness than attitude, she had a rough start also with some very unruly kids poking and prodding her. She has really come around since we moved though.

I've tried taping them a few times but as soon as the camera comes out, all the antics cease. I got a funny clip of Palomine though cause he's terrified of the camera so he was having a stare-off with it!

Oh and all of them on the bed was soley for treats.... I had to bribe them so we could get a shot of all of them. :rolleyes:

CyberKitten
August 7th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Oh my, those are adorable photos, thank you for sharing!!!! I am partial to all of them. :)

ancientgirl
August 7th, 2007, 02:21 PM
What lovely pictures! They're all so beautiful!

krdahmer
August 8th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Thanks! I just love them all to bits!:lovestruck:

cpietra16
August 8th, 2007, 09:18 AM
I love the bed picture...where oh where do you sleep???:sleepy: :D

krdahmer
August 8th, 2007, 12:18 PM
:laughing: I just crawl in under them!!

:cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:
:sleepy:

ancientgirl
August 8th, 2007, 12:21 PM
LOL, don't they try to snatch your feet? When I move my legs under the covers, they think its some mysterious creature they must save me from.

krdahmer
August 8th, 2007, 12:24 PM
:laughing: Ya I've learned to sleep very very still... :rolleyes:

Palomine actually gets very mad and sometimes bitey if I get up before he is done sleeping... so I stay in bed a little longer...

:rolleyes: I am sooooo trained....;) :laughing:

ancientgirl
August 8th, 2007, 12:29 PM
LOL, yes, I've realized also that its them who train us.

I feed them at a certain time, I clean their litter, I brush them, I buy them toys and I accommodate things for them. I'm even buying a bigger bed just so THEY will have plenty of room. In my next life, I want to be a pampered cat.