Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update

mona_b
May 13th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Well here is an update on Casper and baby Winnie.

I decided to stop being a chicken and watch Casper and Winnie interact.It was tough at times.With Casper being bigger and aggressive,I did have to break the roughness up a few time.He got a good grip on her,mostly her tummy and she screamed.Ok,she meowed REAL loud.Well it's getting better now.Yes he gets rough,but it's not as bad.Now she is the instagater..Casper will be sleeping,and she jumps right on him.She teases him.She will be under the futon,as soon as he walks away,she pounces on him.Then he attacks her.It's kind of funny though.Casper was cleaning himself,and Winnie was falling asleep in front of him.He started to clean her paw and continued to clean her face.It was soooooo sweet...

I want to thank LR,Luba,Anita and who ever else I missed....You were right.I guess I was just being an over protective new Mom.... :D

amaruq
May 13th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Awwww aren't they sweet! They will be life long buds...you will see! :p

Luba
May 13th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Mona I know next to nothing about kittens and cats...I've never had one myself but was always the 'sitter' to many and cared for a lot of strays over the years.

I'm glad they're gonna do just fine together, you may notice some of Caspers other tendancies disappear as now he's a parent of sorts LOL

Bout time that boy got some responsibilities!!

hugs

Lucky Rescue
May 13th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Good news! As I said, female cats nearly always rule the roost, and Casper will be put in his place soon. :p

chico2
May 13th, 2004, 11:02 PM
In my cat-household,Vinnie right from day one was jumping Rocky and he still does,but only in a playful way and Rocky plays along.Chico hisses at Vinnie,but is getting better as long as Vinnie keeps his distance :D
I am glad they are getting along,I think it's very good for Casper in his quiet world and two kitties are sooo much more fun than one. :D

Luba
May 13th, 2004, 11:37 PM
Excuse moi but
Is it any coinkeydink that Mona has a Winnie
and Anita has a Vinnie

;)

chico2
May 13th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Coinkeydink :D :D
My Vinnie should have been Winnie,but not after Winnie the poh poh :D Vinnie got his name from Winston Churchill,a little more dignified :D :D :D
He was found abandonned at Winston Churchill Industrial Park in Oakville.
And Vinnie was here first,he,he! I am sure he would love little Winnie though...nice couple Winnie and Vinnie :D :D :D

woodbyter
May 14th, 2004, 03:14 AM
Now if you have one named Bago you could have a Vinnie Winnie Bago... :D

Maxie's mom
May 14th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Great news Mona!! Winnie will put Casper in his place. ;) Maxie & Mimi are getting along great too... :D
Mimi is the ring leader. Maxie knows when she's getting too rough and backs off but Mimi jumps back at Maxie as if to say "Bring it on!!". :p

mona_b
May 14th, 2004, 08:31 AM
It's not just female cats who rule the roost LR..... ;) :p ....LOL

I agree Anita about Caspers quiet world....We have really noticed a difference in him.He is getting mellow with us.He hasn't attacked us once... :D

LOL Luba...We were talking about that at dinner.I was telling Brad that there is a Vinnie and a Winnie on here...LOL.

Maxie's mom,I wish Casper would know when to back off at times.Since he can't hear Winnie"s cries,he doesn't know when to stop.That's why when he doesn't stop,I have to break it up.

LMAO @ woody.... :D

amaruq
May 14th, 2004, 08:38 AM
ROFL@ wood!!!!!!! :eek: :D

chico2
May 14th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Woody,always giving us a good chuckle!! Have you been hiding in the woods :confused:

Luba
May 14th, 2004, 10:23 AM
funny stuff Woody! BTW Woody we're still waiting for pics of all these exotic poopers you have!!