Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

First Time Off Leash!!!!

~michelle~
August 6th, 2007, 05:54 PM
I was soooo happy for the first time ever this weekend we had Braxton and Logan off leash!
we went away to kincardine, chris' home town
first we had them in their backyard which wasnt fenced but there were lots of people around, and they did wonderfully!
then we were at a secluded beach playing fetch!

it was incredible! i was so proud of them

unfortunately Aiden is no where near being ready to be off leash, which i am skeptical he ever will be able to be off leash in an unenclosed area.

i didnt have my camera so i couldnt get their pics but it was sooo awesome!

Lukka'sma
August 6th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Glad you had such a great time michelle. But how could you forget the camera? Not one picture of gorgeous Logan:lovestruck:
the one and only Aiden:cloud9:
and my sweet, sweet Braxtonhttp://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/crykleenex.gifhttp://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/crykleenex.gif
I honestly can't remember the last time I saw photo's of them.:shrug:

~michelle~
August 6th, 2007, 06:15 PM
i know i know!! ive been lacking on the photos lately i will post some soon!!!

mummummum
August 6th, 2007, 10:42 PM
That's great news Michelle. It's always great when they finally get to be REALLY playful. When Declan was first allowed be in the park off leash he would do this little 1/2 jig 1/2 bucking all the way there :cloud9: And even though Bridie & Ceili have gone to the park or somewhere else for off-lead pla pretty much every day for the last almost eight years, they still act like little whacko puppies, grinning like mad fools, racing to get there. :lovestruck:

Have you thought about getting a 50'-100' lead for Aiden? I recall another member recommending using one (get an equestrian lunge line or buy the nylon and sew it yourself) for dogs who aren't quite ready to be off-lead but need some "running/ chasing" time for use in areas where the lead isn't going to get tangled on trees and shrubs etc.

~michelle~
August 7th, 2007, 12:14 AM
we do take them too the off leash park which is fenced in so aiden can get some play time too he just cant do it at the beach with us or on trails (a long rope would get tangled)