Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kittens sneezing

Tigremyangel
August 6th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I've searched some of this forum for posts already on this subject but haven't found what I am looking for. I am quite aware of URI's and the sneezing involved. However, I have two new kittens and they are my only pets who both sneeze all the time. There is NOT any fluids in their noses or eyes etc. And they seem quite content in their eating and playing etc. My vet says it's okay as long as they are eating and doing well (things kittens are supposed to do) but I still wonder if it is a URI why are they not sick or, if it isn't a URI what is it? They sneeze a lot!

SableCollie
August 6th, 2007, 04:39 PM
No discharge or anything? Maybe they are allergic to something in your home...mold, carpeting, the kitty litter, etc. I've also had kittens that have recovered from URI in their past but end up with chronic sneezing, which the vet said there was really nothing to do about. Is it possible they had a cold before you got them, or that they just have a really mild one now? How long have you had them?

Tigremyangel
August 6th, 2007, 09:52 PM
It's been three weeks. I dunno, maybe they're allergic to something it's funny, I am allergic to them!!! I've never been before in my life allergic to any animals and all of a sudden here I am sneezing as much as they do!

growler~GateKeeper
August 6th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Maybe its not them your allergic to, maybe its the cat litter or something in their bedding/toys all of you are allergic to.

Time to find out by elimation, change to a different type of cat litter - try a natural type, see if that helps; remove their bedding, vaccum that area them give them blankets to sleep on, see if that helps, go on to the next thing until you find what it is

Good luck, keep us posted