Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

OMG MIssy Vomited Blood

Shaykeija
August 6th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Missy just vomited blood. I am so freaked right now We are off to the vet in 10 min. OMG MG OMG

Lukka'sma
August 6th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Please let us know as soon as possible. :fingerscr for Missy

Shaykeija
August 6th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Well it seems HRH Missy has developed a stomach ulcer. :eek: The vet thinks it is from the medicam. Damn...So 2 prescriptions later and a pile of gastro food and a higher vet bill..Sigh will keep ypu posted on Missy the poo.....

mummummum
August 6th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Awww....:sorry: for Miss Poo. I hope she recovers with drugs and a new diet quickly.

hazelrunpack
August 6th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Lil Belle also ulcerated her stomach...only she did it by eating pea gravel, pine cones and sticks the first fall she was here. Despite my panic, she responded quickly and well to the new meds. I hope Missy does as well! :fingerscr :goodvibes:

What an ordeal this has been for the both of you! :grouphug:

Shaykeija
August 7th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Yes today had been stressful. Missie seems to like the food. I just freaked when she had all that bright red blood in her vomit. It was hard today at the vets. The only vet that was on call, was the vet that told me Shayker was dying. And he put us in the room where he told me this devastating news. I was shaking so bad, my husband had to hold Missie. I really think if he told me that Missie was dying one of 2 things might have happened. Either I would have puked or I would have hit him. I am so mad at this vet. When Shayker was diagnosed with renal failure he told me she would only live 3 more weeks and it would be painless. He was wrong on both counts. She lived for 14 more weeks and she was in pain at the end. She was vomiting blood and she died on the way to the vets in my arms. So, when I seen all that blood today, I damned near passed out. With Shayker's death and loosing Sophie last year, well I was almost ready for the rubber room. On the bright side, HRH Missie had flowers sent to her from her honorary aunt, who lives in Germany. Thanks to all for the kind words....

Shaykeija
August 7th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Well things are no better. Missy is still refusing to eat and she pooped a little blood tonight. Bright red and just a couple of drops. So back to the vet tomorrow morning at 8 am. Sigh How could a simple spay go so wrong. I feel so guilty right now. I have not slept since last week and my BP is through the roof. I forced her to eat about a table spoon of food tonight and then she just stood and looked at me and shook. I am one step from the funny farm right now.:wall:

hazelrunpack
August 7th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Don't feel guilty. This is one of those unforseen complications--not even really related to the surgery, but a bad reaction to the pain meds. :grouphug: It's not something you can know ahead of time.

If she doesn't feel like eating, I'd let it be till tomorrow. Make sure she takes water, though.

Has she lost much weight? Likely the shaking is because her tummy hurts. We've had dogs shake like that when their intestines are really roiling. If you put an ear to her tummy can you hear a lot of gurgling and popping?

Poor little darling. And poor Mommy! :grouphug:

Deep breaths, Shaykeija...calm thoughts. So many good wishes and prayers coming at you--you just have to believe that everything will be well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Missy! :grouphug:

growler~GateKeeper
August 7th, 2007, 10:43 PM
have you tried her on just plain cooked ground beef & white rice? or plain chicken baby food w/NO onions? she's might not be eating because everytime food hits her stomach it hurts these two are very mild on the tummy. :fingerscr she gets better soon

Frenchy
August 7th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Likely the shaking is because her tummy hurts.

Yes it could be , Bailey did that a couple of times when he wasn't feeling good. I don't think it's from her spaying , it must be something else. Growler has a good idea with the baby food , the meaty one , in the small bottles, usually will make them eat. :fingerscr :grouphug:

TeriM
August 8th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Sounds like some good advice from the others. I hope she feels better soon :fingerscr :goodvibes: :fingerscr .

growler~GateKeeper
August 8th, 2007, 02:18 AM
Shaykeija not sure what info your vet gave you re Metacam, this is from a very useful site

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=1752

Shaykeija
August 8th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Oh great now I will not get to sleep tonight after reading up on that..Scared the bejesus out of me....

growler~GateKeeper
August 8th, 2007, 02:58 AM
sorry but better to be informed than oblvious & continuing w/bad stuff

Shaykeija
August 8th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Growler...sorry to sound bitchy...really I did not mean it. I am just so :wall: right now and tired. I have only been getting about 2 - 3 hours a sleep a night since last Tuesday. Missie has had her medical file flagged. NO MORE MEDICAM OR LIKE MEDS. Like I would ever forget it. Anyway Missie went back to the vet today and she was running a fever of 104. Vet gave her an antibiotic shot and will see her tomorrow morning. He stopped all other drugs to give her little tummy a rest. As for not eating, he said not to force her. As long as she is drinking it should be OK. We tried to entice her with chicken baby food and she just walked away. Her energy level is pretty good and she now greets us at the door and barks at the mailman.:laughing: One good thing was the vet did not charge me for the visit or the shot. He feels bad that I had to go to the emergency vet. I just hope the little pookie is feeling better soon.

I also seen a large rotti there today. What a sweet heart. :cloud9: He just got neutered and was a little dopey. I cannot believe how big he was a 8 months. Took 2 people to carry him to the car. He kept sitting down and snoozing...:sleepy:

hazelrunpack
August 8th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Well, at least she's a little peppier tonight! Barking at the mailman is always a good sign. :D

I hope the antibiotic does the trick for poor Missy :grouphug: You've both had enough.

How is her incision healing?

Shaykeija
August 8th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Her incision is healing fine. Just as slight little line. I am sure my vet should have been a plastic surgeon. LOL

hazelrunpack
August 8th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Well that's one worry less, anyway.

I sure hope she's feeling better by tomorrow! The Pack sends lots of slobbery kisses for Missy! :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

growler~GateKeeper
August 8th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Growler...sorry to sound bitchy...really I did not mean it. I am just so :wall: right now and tired. I have only been getting about 2 - 3 hours a sleep a night since last Tuesday. Missie has had her medical file flagged. NO MORE MEDICAM OR LIKE MEDS.

Darlin' there's no need to be sorry - I'm well versed in the stresses of unexplained pet illnesses - you need to rant go for it.:)

Glad she's doin' a bit better, def good to rest the poor tummy a wee bit

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Shaykeija
August 9th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Well HRH Missie the poo went to see Dr. Dan this morning. Her temp is down a little, so this is good. She got another shot and a round of antibiotics. She turned her nose up at the vet food but wolfed down a small jar of baby food. Man that stuff is like doggie crack...:laughing:

On the lighter side, I met my 1st bull mastiff today. :cloud9: I cannot believe how big she was. She did not want to see Dr. Dan so she flattened right out and would not move. I almost peed myself laughing. She would not move at all. It took 5 of them to get her up. No she was not hurt, she was just getting her needles.:D

growler~GateKeeper
August 9th, 2007, 10:04 PM
:thumbs up for a lower temp - any thought to shaving her a bit to help cool her down?

Baby food is good so long as she eats (& no onions etc) HRH will be expecting this treat to continue when she gets better :D

Yup them Bull Mastiffs are big 'uns - can you imagine having to carry one to a car? :eek:

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 12:39 AM
How is HRH Missie the poo doing tonight, Shaykeija? :fingerscr

growler~GateKeeper
August 11th, 2007, 12:43 AM
I second that how is her Highness tonite?

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 04:03 PM
I just read this thread for the first time now. :o I am so sorry to hear what you and Missy have been going through. :grouphug: Hope to hear that she is doing much better today. :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

chico2
August 11th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Me too,what a terribly scary ordeal,vomiting blood:yell: it would have sent me over the edge.
:pray: Everyting is ok now..

Shaykeija
August 11th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Well HRH Missie the poo seems to be on the mend. She turned her royal nose up at the baby food today but ate a small amount of Tyra's food softened with water for breakfast and supper. I guess the hard kibbles are a little tough for her right now, she will only eat then soft. Mom had a 10 hour power nap today. I needed it. I have been fighting bronchitis for six weeks now and it is back with a vengeance. So, I am hoping for a quiet weekend with the poo..

Frenchy
August 12th, 2007, 12:12 AM
I'm glad it's going better , but now you have to take care of yourself !

rainbow
August 12th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Glad to hear that Missie is on the road to recovery. :highfive: Hope you will be joining her too. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
August 12th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Glad she's feeling better :thumbs up :grouphug:
:fingerscr :goodvibes: for speedy recovery for her & you too

hazelrunpack
August 12th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Yay, Missy! :highfive: Now you just gotta stop worryin' your Mum and get back to 100% :thumbs up

Hope you're both feeling better soon, Shaykeija. :fingerscr :grouphug:

Shaykeija
August 13th, 2007, 02:07 AM
:highfive: HRH Princess Missy ate a half decent meal today and went for a few walkies. Her loyal servants scooped a big healthy stinky poop. It was the first one in three days. Right now she hides a lot and drags her toys around. It is almost like she is having another false pregnancy. She had one already and made socks and toys her babies. I guess it is just the hormones coming out. I think next time i get a dog it will be a male..Not as hard to neuter or I will get into fostering.

Shaykeija
August 14th, 2007, 01:09 AM
:cloud9: HRH Princess Missie the poo is back to her normal bratty self. This was observed when she ate a full meal tonight and then chased the low man , Piper the cat, out of his dish and ate that also. It has been a long two weeks. I am now catching up on all the missed :sleepy:. Thanks for all your support through this rough patch.

growler~GateKeeper
August 14th, 2007, 01:13 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!! for HRH!!!!!!!!!!! :D

http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/8.gif <--jumping for joy :D

rainbow
August 14th, 2007, 01:16 AM
WOO HOO Missy Poo !!! :highfive: ......glad she is back to normal. :thumbs up Now you have to start taking care of yourself.....I hope you're feeling better soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
August 14th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Wooohoooooo! :highfive: Now mummy just has to get better and all will be right with the world. :D

Hope you're feeling better soon! :fingerscr :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
August 15th, 2007, 02:46 AM
So HRH Missypoo is doin' good.....how are you??

Love4himies
August 15th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Glad to hear she is doing better.