Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

blueberries - golden retriever

xbox3601994
August 4th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Can I feed my 5 y old golden retriever blueberries, cause i heard that grapes were poisonous and i wntd 2 know if blueberries r bad 2!

rainbow
August 4th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Blueberries are fine but as with anything....."everything in moderation". :)

JanM
August 4th, 2007, 05:11 PM
My two Goldens love blueberries and blackberries! They both get some berries in their supper dishes - either a few blueberries or blackberries - probably about 4 or 5 berries each.

SableCollie
August 4th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Yup, Sable is enjoying the fact that it is blueberry season. Supposedly they are good sources of antioxidants. I add a few berries to her meals every day. :)

Shaykeija
August 4th, 2007, 09:06 PM
When Akeija was alive she loved blue berries. We would go berry picking and she would pig out. if your dog is big, do not make 2 blue berry pies and leave them on the counter overnight. Because the next morning you will find them gone and eaten by a very happy dog. Who, will by the way, will poop blue for a few days. Voice of experience talking here.....:angel:

Longblades
August 5th, 2007, 05:54 PM
AND, if you happen to have a VEt visit soon, with stool sample required, tell them your pooch has been eating blueberries. The dark colour is going to make it look like blood in the stool. I made a similar mistake by not informing my Vet that my girl had snacked on a beet before her Vet visit. :)