Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Belle's First Week at Home!

Smiley14
August 4th, 2007, 02:56 AM
I've been posting about my journey to getting my new puppy in another thread, but it was recommended to me I start posting the pics in a new thread now. :) So for those that haven't seen my other thread, I just got a new puppy named Belle a week ago. :) She is now 9 weeks old. Here is the original thread with what I think are the best pics so far, LOL!

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=41195&page=6

And here are a few new random pics of Belle's first week at home! :dog: :dog: :cat:

Smiley14
August 4th, 2007, 02:57 AM
More random pics! :)

Smiley14
August 4th, 2007, 02:58 AM
A few more, plus just for Frenchy, some of Petey and Belle sleeping and playing together. :D

Smiley14
August 4th, 2007, 03:01 AM
Oops, here you go Frenchy. :)

mummummum
August 4th, 2007, 05:43 AM
Smiley ~ she is gorgeous. And so tiny. And so gorgeous. And so tiny. Did I mention gorgeous ? And tiny ? :laughing:

There is NO way on dawgs green earth I could resist picking up and cuddling this puppy...:cloud9:

rainbow
August 4th, 2007, 04:02 PM
She is so adorable lying on her back. :cloud9: I love the one of Belle hugging her stuffie. :cloud9: And, the ones of her and Petey playing are soooo cute. :lovestruck:

Frenchy
August 4th, 2007, 10:36 PM
:yell: Now I want a puppy :laughing: omg :lovestruck: I think it's illegal in some states to be so adorable :laughing: I love where she's hugging her stuffie :cloud9: and playing with Petey, she is so tiny beside him ! So Petey is having fun with Belle ? Already ?

hazelrunpack
August 4th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Petey sure does look like he's already enjoying have sister Belle around! She's such a doll, Smiley! :lovestruck: I love the pacifier! :D

Too much cuteness! :lovestruck:

Dracko
August 5th, 2007, 01:45 AM
I was never a fan of pugs until I saw Belle. Very, very cute! Love the pic with the 2 dogs playing. :laughing:

chico2
August 5th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Oh no Dracko,Belle is not a Pug,she's a Boston but OMG,she's just to die for:lovestruck: and Petey is such a good big brother.

wdawson
August 5th, 2007, 11:51 AM
those are too cute:laughing:

Frenchy
August 5th, 2007, 11:58 AM
those are too cute:laughing:

See Wdawson , Bostons are cute :D

hazelrunpack
August 5th, 2007, 02:08 PM
See Wdawson , Bostons are cute :D

:lovestruck: Yes they are... :cloud9: Listen to Frenchy, wdawson...she speaks truth! :D

growler~GateKeeper
August 5th, 2007, 02:21 PM
She's so cute w/ her 1 black leg, 1 white leg & in the first pic she has one back foot with pink toes & the back half of her foot in black :lovestruck:

Smiley14
August 5th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks guys!!! I think she is cute too! :)

And Frenchy, I am SO proud of Petey! He is adjusting even more quickly than I had hoped he would! The first few days, he was definitely anxious and jealous, and it's only been a week, so I'm sure more behaviors will emerge as she gets older, but for now at least, he is accepting her and they are getting along GREAT! It's awesome! Petey always has been really good with puppies though. :lovestruck:

jiorji
August 5th, 2007, 03:30 PM
:eek: O.....................M......................G!!!

that is the cutest puppy ever!

jessi76
August 5th, 2007, 08:35 PM
oh my goodness! wonderful pics of your new pup! she is crazy cute!!!

Frenchy
August 5th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Good boy Petey !

If anything goes wrong , I can always take Belle for you :rolleyes:

wdawson
August 5th, 2007, 10:10 PM
:lovestruck: Yes they are... :cloud9: Listen to Frenchy, wdawson...she speaks truth! :D

frenchy you wanna help me...i need to stop in mn usa after i stop at the patch.....i'll drive if you steal...:laughing:

Byrd
August 5th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I love the one white leg... she's so cute! :lovestruck:

I love her collar too.

hazelrunpack
August 5th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Hey, you can pick hazel up at the patch, too, and we'll all go visit Petey and Belle! :thumbs up :cloud9:

Poor Smiley! :eek: That'll be quite a houseful!

wdawson
August 5th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Hey, you can pick hazel up at the patch, too, and we'll all go visit Petey and Belle! :thumbs up :cloud9:

Poor Smiley! :eek: That'll be quite a houseful!

frenchy there is our chance.....all the excitment we can make a clean get away :laughing:

Frenchy
August 5th, 2007, 10:23 PM
and we'll all go visit Petey and Belle! :thumbs up :cloud9:

Sorry but me and Wdawson are not talking about visiting anyone .... you will know when we "drove by" tough . :laughing:

TeriM
August 6th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Awww, she is just soooo adorable. I'm glad her and Petey are getting along so well, what about Billy? He probably isn't very impressed with the newcomer :p .

How is the biting thing coming along?

Smiley14
August 6th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Sorry but me and Wdawson are not talking about visiting anyone .... you will know when we "drove by" tough . :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Smiley14
August 6th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Awww, she is just soooo adorable. I'm glad her and Petey are getting along so well, what about Billy? He probably isn't very impressed with the newcomer :p .

How is the biting thing coming along?

Billy isn't thrilled by any means, but he's holding his own. :) He was outside today too, although he hissed when she got too close. But that's a good thing. Usually when he meets a new dog, he's hiding, so the fact he's staying out in the open is great! The staying around and hissing is the step before acceptance for him. That puts him about five months ahead of how he did when I got Petey. :thumbs up Right now, he's snoozing next to me on my bed. :lovestruck:

The biting is slowly coming along. She seems to get the no biting as she'll stop and then do the submissive lick right afterwards. But I haven't gotten to the point where she won't do it in the first place. :rolleyes: But I know that isn't too surprising given her age and such. She's smart though, that's for sure! Already learned her name, come, and is picking up sit very quickly!

TeriM
August 6th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Have you tried "yiping" loudly when she bites? I found that worked the best for me :thumbs up . It was also very helpful with the dog daycare when they put Riley (at about 4 months) in with some of the older dogs that are great with puppies. They taught him quickly (huge diff in two visits) what was acceptable as far as the bite inhibition :) so hopefully playing with Petey will have the same effect :fingerscr .