Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tolerance

mummummum
August 3rd, 2007, 06:20 PM
If you can ~ tune into this series http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/features/tolerance The last two episodes had me howling and railing. A VERY good discussion about a very hard topic. 91.1 fm . Gotta love CBC !

wdawson
August 3rd, 2007, 06:37 PM
mx3.....you don't seem the cbc radio type.....:laughing:

mummummum
August 3rd, 2007, 06:45 PM
Truth ? Or are you juz bein' a smart @sk ?

wdawson
August 3rd, 2007, 07:30 PM
truth.....cbc is an oldie station:laughing:

mummummum
August 3rd, 2007, 07:34 PM
Gosh.... and here I've been listening to it for 40+ years.:D

TIP: for youngsters ...it's a constant !

wdawson
August 3rd, 2007, 07:37 PM
mx3....you seem more a cfrb type.....a bill carol listener(a government scrutinizer)......oh but you might be a john moore listener(skeptical of most government policies):D

badger
August 4th, 2007, 05:42 AM
I'm with mummum, CBC rocks and Ideas (9 pm on Radio 1) is often excellent. They had a long interview last night with a guy who was held at Guantanamo for more than five years. He spoke English very competently, so nothing was lost in translation. After what he went through, I'm surprised he could even form sentences. The announcer began to feel so comfortable with him that he started to joke! And the guy got it! he hadn't lost his sense of irony, after being harrassed, manipulated, scorned, spat and pissed on 24/7. Apparently some of the inmates are farmers that they just grabbed out of their fields. UNbelievable, how did we get to this place? What if it was happening in our own country?
Then I cranked up the music.
CBC rocks.