Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Adopted Puppy rebelling

lszlosek
August 2nd, 2007, 09:03 PM
Hello everyone. I recently adopted a 4 month old lab mix named Jangles. I brought him home and he had 2 little accidents. After that we were able to realize when he needed to go out and he did great for about 2 weeks. But for the last two days he has been going on the couch and everywhere else he can. I was curious as to why he would have this change of behavior and what we can do to fix it. Thanks!

Frenchy
August 2nd, 2007, 09:19 PM
Maybe he's not going outside often enough ? Maybe he's not getting enough exercise ? Do you make sure he does his business outside before you let him in the house ? If so , you could take him to the vet to rule out any health issues. Also , you need to clean clean clean very carefully where he did have accidents because the smell will make him go again on the same spots. AND, he's only been with you for 2 weeks , it can take longer for some dogs.

mummummum
August 3rd, 2007, 12:24 AM
I'm with Frenchy on this one. Consistency is key. Take your puppy out soon after he has eaten (pressure of the food on the bladder) ,and an hour or so after that and an hour or so after that and an hour or so after THAT. Repeat until morning....when we start again.:evil:

Ahhhhhh.... I love adopting older dogs.:lovestruck: