Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

angry - upset - disgusted

kasher+tazz
May 13th, 2004, 05:25 AM
On the way to pick my freind up last night i was outside her shop with kash and tazz playing with her doggy monty in the garden next door. Anyway kash came into the shop with me to get a drink and some guy stopped me and asked me when i was breeding her - assuming because i had a bitch then i would breed her! Carrying on he told me she wouldnt be a good fighter as she had more of a pet head ( well you can imagine my face ) told me if i wanted to sell her he would take her now...told me he had a pregnant bitch at his house pit/staff and was i interested in a puppy for 600 told me i could sell her 'all day long' for that if i found someone who wanted a fighting dog...well to cut a long story short - my throat is still sore this morning i told him he was disgusting and tried to explain why but he was having none of it. Told him to look at the state of kash's legs because of people breeding like him then told him to look at tazz's back the result of abused and unwanted dogs i must have looked like a total nut case but im fed up of this its not even like i live in a bad area i never realised there was so much abuse and disgusting behaviour going on under my nose - im just worried he will have followed me home no doggies out in the garden for a second on there own from now on.

shouldnt get myself wound up about it unless i start to help change things myself.

Just need to figure out what i can do to help

sorry for my little rant...

amaruq
May 13th, 2004, 07:27 AM
(((Kasher)))

Don't let the idiots get to you. Too bad you didn't get his name to report him to the Humane society!

kasher+tazz
May 13th, 2004, 07:29 AM
i was trying to find out - apparently one of his dogs has been taken away as it was always ripping chunks out of his others on the balcony of his one bedroomed flat - just hope i dont see him again and if i do beleive me it will be interesting - odd how you always seem to know what to say after the even - i might not ahve seemed so much of a nut job!! :eek: :D

Spoiled
May 13th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Well, it was probably him that looked like the nutcase. I had this person do it to me to. Bentley was about four months, and this person asked about if I was going to breed him. Of course I said no, but this person still claimed her dog was 'looking for a man.' I hate people like this!

Lucky Rescue
May 13th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Dog fighting is a felony, and if you suspect this then you should call the police.

kasher+tazz
May 13th, 2004, 11:25 AM
I will look a little more into it - apparently he is the neighbour of my boss at work! We live in a little area quite tight knit community and she knew who he was by description apparently he has a young child in the flat aswell, i will do some more research and then calling the police may have to be my next option - i just hope he hasnt set his sights on kash she is a sweet little dog (apart from her food aggresion) and she's my baby and i couldnt bear anything to help for me.

anyway i'll let you know

claire

Luba
May 13th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Keep eyes and ears open....maybe seem 'interested' a bit to get more info from the idiot and as LR says report it!

Bill & Bob
May 13th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Nah, I wouldn't feign interest. These guys are bad news, and you're better off to stay away from them completely. At this point, you already seem sure you know who they are. That's all you need to know to avoid them. Especially if you think there's a chance they might pinch your pooch or worse. Working in the prison system, I ran into a few people who were involved in that sort of thing. No understanding or caring of the well being of animals, canine or human.... Stay away from them.
I'd drop by the police station and ask to talk to a cop about it. They would likely be pretty receptive of the information. They might already be aware of the person anyway, but new information is always good information.

Spoiled
May 13th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Good idea! Act fake! Just say "I think I've changed my mind! I'd like your phone number, name, and adress so I can contact you after I think it over"

And then call the police! :eek: :D