Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

D-Zyme? (anyone here used it for their pet?)

huskylord
August 2nd, 2007, 12:20 PM
Hello to all,

My year and half yellow lab Jack has developed a case of the scoots over the last month or so. He has been on Solid Gold WolfKing and I'm happy with the product, but have considered changing to a brand that might be better absorbed and have firmer stools. (and ps, we have verified with the vet it's not a health/parasite issue). I actually contact Sold Gold and they suggested a product called D-Zyme. It is supposed to help from diareah to constipation. I've tried searching for "real" review, but all I seem to find are these canned and not quite so authentic one liner fantastic exclamations.

I can see from the boards here that some people have suggest pumpkin and/or cottage cheese.

Cheers and thanks for your help in advance.

bendyfoot
August 2nd, 2007, 12:42 PM
In my experience, the scoots are very often attributable to impacted anal glands. Have you had his rear end checked out?:D

crazydays
August 30th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Huskylord-
I use Solid Gold Hund N Flocken for my 7 yr Standard Schnauzer. She may have developed a sensitivity to lamb. She has horrific gas and very soft stools. I have just started ProZyme which is supposed to be the same as D-Zyme from Solid Gold.

Did you get D-Zyme for your dog? Was it effective? I am not proclaiming victory but after one dose her stool was normal this AM-always has mushy yellowish stool.

Tommysmom
August 30th, 2007, 08:34 AM
ProZyme is fantastic, I've been using that for a while now with my pup and it's made such a huge difference for him. I tried the D-zyme stuff and didn't really have any luck, there wasn't much of a change, but as far as I'm concerned ProZyme is worth its weight in gold around here!