Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Has anyone tried Core Wellness

geisha
August 1st, 2007, 08:36 PM
Have you tried Core Wellness...
Your comments please. I've just picked up a small bag and got a $3.00 off coupon from the OMH Wellness website. I'm a sucker for coupons.:laughing:

SableCollie
August 1st, 2007, 08:53 PM
I tried the Core for kitties. All the shelter kitties liked it (which is huge, they are the pickiest cats!) and everyone did well on it. The only reason we didn't continue with it was the price.

rainbow
August 2nd, 2007, 12:52 AM
I have not tried Wellness Core for my dogs or cats. I have heard that lots of pets do not tolerate it well. <insert shrug smiley here>

geisha
August 2nd, 2007, 01:02 AM
Thanks for that. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll transition slowly and add digestive enzymes to help. Interesting how some foods are better tolerated than others. :confused:

RaYne
August 2nd, 2007, 10:52 PM
I just bought a small bag of Core today to try out on my picky cat that wasn't all that fond of Orijen. So far so good, she's eating it at least. I'll know if they are going to have any issues when I clean the litterbox in the morning. ;)

I'm actually not a big fan of Wellness. My dogs did horrible on their other varieties. Horrible as in rear end explosion! :yuck: But since Core is the only other grain free food for kitties that this store stocks I figured it was worth a try. I wish the picky bugger would just eat the Orijen though...

dtbmnec
August 2nd, 2007, 11:27 PM
I haven't tried core either...I thought Wellness was Wellness was Wellness...I didn't seen any "Core" on the shelves though, then again the petstores around here don't carry everything either.

:shrug:

Good luck and I hope it works. Worse comes to worse my boys are doing just fine on the regular Wellness salmon style (hey they're cats :p) though we did have some issues *glares at Leo* by them eating all the Wellness and not touching the old stuff and therefore the transition has been...interesting. :frustrated:

Ah such is life :)

Good luck :D

Megan