Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog sitting

schnoodlelover
August 1st, 2007, 05:58 PM
We are looking after a friend of a friends dog she is a pure breed schnauser they tell me but she looks alot like my little guy he is a schnoodle and they could be litter mates as it goes they look so similar .My question is this can my fully house trained dog pick up bad habits from the visiting dog such as poop in the house and so on if so how hard will it be to break my boy out of thees habits when his little play mate leaves . i have nt caught him yet but im am concerened a little thanks Schnoodle lover

mummummum
August 2nd, 2007, 01:23 AM
If your dog is well trained then it's unlikely that he will digress in his housetraining. Unless of course the other dog is constantly peeing and there is a rivalry there, then your dog may start marking in the house.

OC_Spirit
August 2nd, 2007, 11:23 AM
Since the dog will be staying at your house than chances are slimmer that your pup will pick up on the habit. If you and your dog were staying at someone else's house who's dog wasnt housetrained, then you have a higher chance of your dog picking up on the habit because to his senses (smell) in the house is simply the place to go at the "new" house.