Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A couple of pics of bugs in my flowers

chico2
August 1st, 2007, 05:29 PM
A butterfly that would not open up her wings..
We've had a swarm of ladybugs,I keep fishing them out of my pool,giving them mouth-to-mouth:laughing:
Last a hungry bee....that's all the stuff a get..

jiorji
August 1st, 2007, 05:39 PM
i loe purple cone flowers:lovestruck:

Lukka'sma
August 1st, 2007, 05:42 PM
Those are great chico, I have been trying to get some good bug shots, but nothing yet.

badger
August 1st, 2007, 06:24 PM
We've had a swarm of ladybugs,I keep fishing them out of my pool,giving them mouth-to-mouth

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This is so familiar, when I go to the community garden I make the rounds of all the water barrels, fishing out bugs. People think I'm mad (and not only on that evidence :rolleyes: ).

Chico, that pool must be nirvana in this heat.

Frenchy
August 1st, 2007, 10:39 PM
I tought it would have been discusting bugs :sad: :laughing: I love the lady bug one :cloud9: Very nice picture.

hazelrunpack
August 1st, 2007, 10:42 PM
Very nice. Perhaps we should start a "lovely bugs" thread! :D

JanM
August 1st, 2007, 11:50 PM
Pretty cone flowers - pretty bug too! We haven't had many ladybugs this year so next year I'm going to buy some live ones - there's a backyard bird shop in Nanaimo that sells them. So, I can't get pretty bug pictures until next year:yell:

chico2
August 2nd, 2007, 07:53 AM
Thank's girls!
Badger I can soooo relate:laughing: I've been known to sit and eat dinner,seeing something struggling in the pool,run out and save it..
Every bee I save,promise not to sting me:laughing:

glasslass
August 2nd, 2007, 09:39 PM
Neat photos! I've always liked ladybugs. :lightbulb: You can have all my bugs! Earwigs and those huge, black wood-boring bees aren't so neat.

chico2
August 3rd, 2007, 08:04 AM
Glasslass,do you mean Bumble-Bees?
We have tons of those,boring in to our pergola,fun to watch,sometimes it's raining sawdust.
I believe the female is in the hole and the males are lining up to get to her????But of course I could be wrong,they are harmless and kind of cute,unless you step on one:laughing:

rainbow
August 4th, 2007, 03:35 PM
I love that ladybug pic. :cloud9:

I keep hearing that bees are disappearing quickly and they don't know why for sure. Some say global warming and some say it could be a virus. :shrug:

clm
August 4th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Love the bug pics. Other than earwigs and cockroaches, I find bugs facinating. I've never been afraid of them and have been stung by hoards of angry hornets and bitten by some nasty spiders over the years. All part of the natural world and if you can take the time to sit and watch them for a while, it's a really interesting world.

Cindy

chico2
August 4th, 2007, 04:52 PM
CLM,I agree,I actually love most living things,sometimes people not so much:laughing:
Rainbow,you are right,not many bees around and we used to have lots,to the point where we did not eat much outside.
Probably from pollution,pesticide etc:sad: