Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bobby has lost weight!

JanM
August 1st, 2007, 02:39 PM
For the last month I've been feeding kibble in the morning - with whole eggs about 3 x a week and with flax oil. For supper they get meat, yam, veggies and fruit. Yesterday we went for a weigh-in and Bobby has lost 2 lbs! yahoooo -- This may be the answer for him.. he is also much perkier and has more energy.

For whatever reason, I had been procrastinating on going to home cooking - I think I was scared to do it but both dogs love their suppers and are both thriving on it so, I guess it's a done deal now... they'll be getting their home cooked suppers from now on..

geisha
August 1st, 2007, 03:06 PM
That's fantastic. The bonus is you know what's going into your pup's tummy!!!:thumbs up :grouphug: :goodvibes:

TeriM
August 1st, 2007, 05:01 PM
Congrats :thumbs up .

SableCollie
August 1st, 2007, 05:07 PM
Yay for Bobby!!!! :thumbs up

I put off homecooking for the longest time too, I thought it would be a lot of time and work. Turns out it's not that bad! :)

JanM
August 1st, 2007, 05:20 PM
Yay for Bobby!!!! :thumbs up

I put off homecooking for the longest time too, I thought it would be a lot of time and work. Turns out it's not that bad! :)

That's part of what held me back - the other part was, I was scared I would feed too much, feed to little, not get the right balance - all that stuff but all is working out well! and you're right - it really isn't much work at all! Our local store also sells meat at half price on it's "sell by date" so I get a whack of that stuff, cook it right away or freeze it and cook it later - cheaper and better! Gotta love it..

SableCollie
August 1st, 2007, 06:37 PM
If you have the freezer space then cooking large amounts of food, dividing it into daily portions, and freezing is the way to go. Then it's just defrosting and/or heating up and adding any supplements before plopping it into their bowls.

Frenchy
August 1st, 2007, 10:24 PM
Congratulation Bobby ! (would need so see for ourselves , so pics please :D )

I'm shipping you my Sam :D He would love to watch you cook his dinner :

mummummum
August 1st, 2007, 10:52 PM
And who could resist a face like Sam's ????

Congrats Jan ! I also suggest buying veggies by the bushel in the summer and blanching them for the freezer for use during the winter. If you can afford it and have the freezer space ... buying a butchered 1/2 cow is also extremely economical.

JanM
August 1st, 2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks guys - I must admit I am feeling pretty good about it because it's been a very long and trying time for us trying to find the right combination for him! I now hope this is it!

Sam is so sweet, Frenchy.. Goldens are masters at the "poor me" look aren't they?

rainbow
August 2nd, 2007, 12:49 AM
WOO HOO for Bobby. :highfive:

shannonxj
August 6th, 2007, 02:17 AM
hooray for bobby!:thumbs up