Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Missy the poo Spay date

Shaykeija
July 31st, 2007, 11:45 PM
Well Missy the poo is going in tomorrow for her spay. I am just a mess right now. Missie has never experienced pain before so I am so worried for her. We are taking the mattress off the box spring and the couch and chair have been banished to the porch. I do not want her jumping up and down on them. Stairs have been baby gated and I am taking 5 days off to be at home with her. Vet called today to see how I WAS DOING...lol. He knows what a suck I am. So the poo is having her spay and her teeth cleaned.....sigh I feel like a big turd right now for the pain she will have....I will update tomorrow after she is home....:sleepy:

hazelrunpack
August 1st, 2007, 12:00 AM
She'll do good! :goodvibes:

Been there, done that "up all night worrying about the surgery" thing...no fun :o

Try to sleep :grouphug:

bendyfoot
August 1st, 2007, 10:58 AM
She's going to be JUST FINE!!! :D

You're certainly going above and beyond with your preparations! She'll likely be feeling/acting fine and dandy the day after she gets home, as if it never happened.

Do try to get some sleep tonight!:grouphug:

Frenchy
August 1st, 2007, 12:27 PM
You're certainly going above and beyond with your preparations! She'll likely be feeling/acting fine and dandy the day after she gets home, as if it never happened.

Yes she will ! You on the other hand ..... :laughing:

Shaykeija
August 2nd, 2007, 12:13 AM
Well Missy is home and you all are right I am still a mess. She had not moved off the air bed since I brought her home. I called the vet about 20 min after I got home. She was shivering and breathing fast. They said this was normal. I then asked them who won the pool? They said what pool, and I said the one I think they had about how soon I would call.:laughing: She is really groggy and we have 2 fans on her to keep her cool. She had not peed yet and I used a syringe to give her cool water. I thought her gums were a little dry. She had her dental and lost 1 tiny tooth. I was impressed, the vet called me at work after the surgery to say she did fine. And the biggest surprise was it only cost me $320 for everything. I was expecting a lot more. I will let you know tomorrow how she is doing.:dog:

mummummum
August 2nd, 2007, 12:24 AM
Good for you kiddo ~ you're half way there. Small suggestion ? When you relax and behave as if everything is normal ~ so will she. Missy will respond to you. If you think she should feel pain, she will act "wussy" (heck, wouldn't you ? The person you love most in the world is spending all of her time fuwuhwussing at every detail ??!!??).

Come on kiddo, buck up. You did a GOOD thing. Missy is more than fine. If you fuss too much at her, she'll start "faking" sick to get your attention !!!

:thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up

Shaykeija
August 2nd, 2007, 06:59 PM
Well back to the vet we went today. Missie was on Demerol yesterday so today she was in a lot of pain. So we had her checked out and her temp was elevated so she got 2 shots. 1 antibiotic and 1 pain killer. And some pain meds to take home. But on a good note the little bum ate a little tonight. HRH Princess Missie dined upon KFC chicken skinless and a small piece of steak. She turned her royal nose up at the offerings of the morning but managed to eat a small amount tonight. Vet said if she still will not drink to continue with the syringe. She was not dehydrated because of the syringe watering's I did last night. HRH is now :sleepy: on her favorite down pillow, cooled by the gentle breeze of her large fan.

hazelrunpack
August 2nd, 2007, 08:59 PM
I'm glad to hear she's eating, at any rate. And with any luck at all, the antibiotic and the painkiller will set her right as rain now :fingerscr

You did good with the hydrating, Mom! :highfive:

:grouphug: Smooth sailing from here on out! :goodvibes:

Frenchy
August 2nd, 2007, 09:37 PM
Glad is done ! I just re read your first post , Missy the poo you call her ! I call all my female fosters poo too , Nelly poo, Molly poo , Wendy poo..... :D don't know why I don't do it with the boys ? :shrug:

jawert1
August 3rd, 2007, 12:33 AM
I don't know Shaykeija, you might be setting yourself up as Royal Skinner of KFC Chicken to Princess Missy permanently! Glad to see the both of you weathered her spay, she'll be back to normal in no time :highfive:

Shaykeija
August 3rd, 2007, 04:20 PM
Well Missy is still not back to her normal self just yet. She still will not drink and today she turned her nose up at all food. She just lies on her bed and looks sad. Called the vet again and he gave me his home number just in case anything stranger pops up. He said the pain meds and antibiotics are just making her tired so to keep giving her the syringe water. Tyras keeps her company though, she stays with Missie.

mummummum
August 3rd, 2007, 04:34 PM
More than likely she IS fine. My grrrl Ceili is quite the princess as well and has been babied by me (I take full responsibility for the monster I have created !!). For instance the water dish will be 2 feet away and she will whine-woof for me to bring it to her face....:rolleyes: But, if I tell her she's a "big grrrl, and can get up and get her own drink" a few times, she will.

Necessity is the mother of invention right ?

Shaykeija
August 3rd, 2007, 11:46 PM
Well HRH Princess spoiled beyond all means, is feeling a bit better. She stole all the socks out of the laundry basket. Tonight she dined on fillet Mignon soup de jour. Fussy would not eat her regular food, Tyra's food or even Piper the cats food. She had to dine with her loyal servants. :laughing: Well at least she is eating a bit now. Makes her mom fell a lot better.

hazelrunpack
August 3rd, 2007, 11:53 PM
Hmmmm...stole the socks, eh? Methinks she is definitely feeling somewhat better, then! :thumbs up :D

I'm glad! :grouphug:

:goodvibes: and :fingerscr for more good news tomorrow! :D

Shaykeija
August 6th, 2007, 03:01 AM
While Missy seems to be coming around, she still will not play with Tyra. She will go for walks and that is it. She goes back to her bed and just watches me. Her incision is good and no fever. She is drinking and peeing and very small poops, but she will not eat. Nothing...if we offer her food she may take a little but that is it. Like just a small bite and that is it. We have tried every thing that she likes even the cats food and she just looks at it and goes back to her bed. I have resorted to force feeding her. I hate doing that. I am thinking perhaps her teeth are sensitive after the cleaning or her throat is really sore from the breathing tube. She will be going back to the vet on Tuesday. Anyone else experience anything like this with their dog?

hazelrunpack
August 6th, 2007, 09:13 AM
:sorry: Missie is still not feeling up to snuff! Is she losing weight or holding her own?

If she's still sore from the dental work, she might be reluctant to eat. But we've never had a dog lose its appetite after surgery for more than a couple of days so I have no advice for you.

I'm glad she's going back to the vet tomorrow. :grouphug: With luck the vet will be able to pinpoint something specific and get her back on the right track. :fingerscr

Please let us know what the vet says, Shaykeija! :grouphug: Kisses and hugs for Missie!

Shaykeija
August 6th, 2007, 12:42 PM
See Missy is vomiting blood...