Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is it just me...

SableCollie
July 31st, 2007, 09:10 PM
or have all the weird people been out lately? Seriously, the people that have been coming to my work lately.....

Yesterday we got in 2 little dogs, 1 male, 1 female, both the same size, but different breeds. When the owner came to get them, we asked if they were spayed, he said "no", and we told him if he did not get it done soon he would end up with a litter of puppies. The guy said (and I am not making this up!) "But they are not the same breed of dog, how can they mate?" :rolleyes:

It just seems like every person who walks through our door lately is slightly crazy, or completely clueless. We actually joke that there must be a sign over our door that says "welcome crazy people." Is it just my work? Or is this happening to other people too? :)

Frenchy
July 31st, 2007, 09:13 PM
But different breeds cannot mate together :rolleyes: Just kidding ! I do meet those people once in a while ..... :wall:

SableCollie
July 31st, 2007, 09:28 PM
But different breeds cannot mate together
Oh, and he also said "But they are just little puppies!" The female is over a year and the male is 8-9 months old.

Between that and the woman who started asking me if I thought there would be rainbows today (It was raining, but she was just asking me the most random questions!) Silly people....

Jim Hall
July 31st, 2007, 09:37 PM
full moon maybe?
something in the water ?

SableCollie
August 1st, 2007, 12:29 PM
You know it was a full moon, on Sunday or Monday I think. Now if only there was an explanation for people during the rest of the month....

SableCollie
August 1st, 2007, 04:05 PM
Okay, got another one today. A woman reported that a dog had charged out of his yard at her. He was barking and running at her, so she started shouting "No! Go home!" to try to keep the dog away from her. She said the owner watched her from a window for a while then finally came out and yelled at the woman, "Shut up! You sound like a fish woman! You are provoking my dog, he's not wearing a collar!" (Nope, doesn't make any sense to me either.) :o

TeriM
August 1st, 2007, 04:12 PM
Yep, it's official .... the world is full of wacked out people :rolleyes: :D .

chico2
August 1st, 2007, 04:12 PM
It has been full moon the last few nights,it always makes some people a little nutty:D
I worked in a restaurant for many years,we always knew the effect of a full moon on people:laughing:

Bearsmom
August 1st, 2007, 05:13 PM
Yep, we in emergency services do NOT love full moons. Trust me, it brings out the most interesting sort of folks.

SableCollie
August 1st, 2007, 05:33 PM
My friend's mom is an ER nurse, she says on full moons they get in tons of shooting/stabbing victims, mentally unstable people, etc. Way more than they usually see. Strange.

I have to say though, "fish woman" is my new favorite insult. :D

want4rain
August 1st, 2007, 05:54 PM
I have to say though, "fish woman" is my new favorite insult.

:yell: HEY!! i resemble that comment!!! :p

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/Finn-gimmeakiss.jpg

thats Finn, our newest rescue. Cailyn didnt want him to become fish food because he had a gimpy fin.

-ashley

SableCollie
August 1st, 2007, 07:51 PM
My apologies to all the fish I may have offended. :p

Finn is a cute fishy! Didn't the fish in the Finding Nemo movie have a gimpy fin too?

mummummum
August 1st, 2007, 08:22 PM
It's hot AND a full moon ~ double whammy I'm generally even-tempered but lately I've found it necessary to go into the TJT just to post "the troll" smilie multiple times until I feel better (which ~ Marko apparently thinks I overuse as he's taken it away again....:D). maybe I'll start using the head-banger one now :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: ...hmmmmm. doesn't give me the same "oomph" though. :D