Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need Help To Find......

Lukka'sma
July 31st, 2007, 12:44 PM
If any of you are computer savvy (I am NOT) maybe you could help me out here. I need to know if it is possible to order a segment of an old TV show on DVD or VHS. The show was about the Cabrini-Green area of Chicago and it was done by Geraldo Rivera many many years ago. I have visited the Geraldo web site but he doesn't have any contact section on his web site so asking him directly doesn't seem like a probable solution. Anyone that has any other info on Cabrini I would love if you would share it with me, ie, books, movies, personal accounts (ever driven through C-G without really realizing at first where you were):eek: . What about all the displaced people now that Cabrini has been demolished, what are they expected to do?

dtbmnec
July 31st, 2007, 01:21 PM
If any of you are computer savvy (I am NOT) maybe you could help me out here. I need to know if it is possible to order a segment of an old TV show on DVD or VHS. The show was about the Cabrini-Green area of Chicago and it was done by Geraldo Rivera many many years ago. I have visited the Geraldo web site but he doesn't have any contact section on his web site so asking him directly doesn't seem like a probable solution. Anyone that has any other info on Cabrini I would love if you would share it with me, ie, books, movies, personal accounts (ever driven through C-G without really realizing at first where you were):eek: . What about all the displaced people now that Cabrini has been demolished, what are they expected to do?

Hmmm never heard of this....not surprising since I'm :ca: eh!

I'm surprised that the Geraldo web site doesn't have contact information. Usually they have at least something for fans to write in fan mail...

Megan

want4rain
July 31st, 2007, 01:49 PM
as in 1986 or 1997?? i have hits for both. not much but something.

google Cabrini-Green chicago Geraldo Rivera and see if the first and 3rd hit arent what you are looking for.

-ashley

Dog Dancer
July 31st, 2007, 02:01 PM
I found a book on Amazon.com called Hidden War: Crime and the Tragedy of Public Housing in Chicago - it talks about Cabrini Green apparently? I saw that the Geraldo episode aired in November /96 and on March 20/97 apparently.

dmc123
July 31st, 2007, 02:44 PM
Here's a link I found googling it:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/12/11/60II/main532704.shtml

and here's a video you can purchase if you want to:

http://store.cbs.com/item.php?id=8521&sid=581

there are many other articles you can find by doing a search for Cabrini-Green on google.com

Hope that helps....
Diane