Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Biopsy Results - Vaccine Lump

LittleMomma
July 31st, 2007, 09:38 AM
THANK GOD IT'S NOT CANCER! It came back with the suffix -oma instead of -sarcoma... and he said it's an inflammation of fat and surrounding tissue. The bx report also stated that they could not be certain that all of it was removed but our Vet said he didn't try to remove it all b/c it would have left her with a huge hole (and he was pretty sure by looking at it that it was benign). The left-over tissue, he said, will pose no threat.

I wanted to make this a separate post in the hopes that someone who finds this site the same way I did (by googling "vaccine lump") will read some good news instead of all of the gloom and doom out there about lumps after vaccines. Yes, sarcomas do happen, but the internet made it seem like they were an absolute when it came to any lump left behind. I could not find ANY happy endings when it came to vaccine lumps, and ours certainly is. Obviously, it's imperative to have the lump removed and biopsied, but I'm telling you, if you had any idea what hell I went through for the past three weeks waiting for the surgery and the results, you'd be amazed. When we got the results I just cried, I was so relieved. I had myself so convinced (b/c of my own "research") that this was the end.

So all is well, she is healing well, the incision's swelling has gone down, no redness, and she'll have the stitches removed next week.

:thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up :cat: :cat: :cat:

mummummum
July 31st, 2007, 09:42 AM
Well, you couln't ask for better possible news LittleMomma ~ phew ! I'm so happy you have a happy ending !

bendyfoot
July 31st, 2007, 09:44 AM
YAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!

Great news!:D :crazy: :party:

krdahmer
July 31st, 2007, 10:21 AM
:highfive: :grouphug: :goodvibes:

That is awesome!!!
(And on a side note, Fagan's lump seems to be shrinking so we may be able to even skip the biopsy!!!!)

I love good news!!! And happy endings!!!:cat: :cat:

:pray: For her continued health and a long and happy life!

LittleMomma
July 31st, 2007, 10:26 AM
Would you believe with how scared I've been over this I actually missed the phone call this morning b/c I didn't hear the phone ring?! I saw a missed call and spazzed out!

Dr Lee
August 2nd, 2007, 12:04 AM
Wooo HOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!:D :thumbs up :D :cloud9:

LittleMomma
August 10th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Just wanted to let you all know that kitty got the stitches out this past week and has healed wonderfully - and best of all, no lump has returned! Vet said any remnants of stitches that may have been left will dissolve on their own. And the patch of missing fur is growing back where they shaved :cloud9:

krdahmer
August 10th, 2007, 12:31 PM
:thumbs up :highfive: :grouphug:

Love4himies
August 10th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Great news:thumbs up

rainbow
August 10th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Excellent news....I am so happy for you. :highfive:

hazelrunpack
August 10th, 2007, 11:21 PM
:highfive: What a great update! :D

growler~GateKeeper
August 10th, 2007, 11:25 PM
:highfive: :thumbs up glad everything's worked out great :)