Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lapsed potty training

Anne25
July 30th, 2007, 04:10 PM
My border collie mix has suddenly forgotten her potty training. She is 8 months old and had been doing great but resently she has lapsed on her training. I will take her out side and she'll just walk around like she doesn't have to go but then as soon as she's inside she will relieve herself. I have been really busy lately and have'nt given her as much attention so I was thinking that might have something to do with it. Any suggestions why she might start doing this? Do I have to get back out the create and start all over again?:frown:

Strarting_Fresh
July 30th, 2007, 07:06 PM
My pup is doing the same thing. I found that if we take her out side until she's ready to come back in or for about 10-15 min which ever comes first then love on her or play with her or just let her run around (keep a close eye if you do that) for about 3-5 min and then take her out again, she goes right to her potty spot. It's like she gets distracted when she goes out there and the playing reminds her "hey, I got to potty" It's been working for my puppy so far.