Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Useful tip - hip displaysia

TeriM
July 29th, 2007, 12:13 AM
So I was looking in a pet store recently and was eyeing up some dog boots to take while hiking (for first aid purposes in case a foot was cut badly) and noticed that on the package it stated they are great for dogs with hip displaysia particularly on slippery floors.

That had never occured to me but I though it was a great idea and could be quite useful as it would definately provide added traction and lessen the risk of slipping :thumbs up .

Thought I would share :) .

hazelrunpack
July 29th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Were they suede booties? The vinyl ones we used to have were pretty slippery on floors... Suede or soft leather ones would supply more traction :thumbs up

TeriM
July 29th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Were they suede booties? The vinyl ones we used to have were pretty slippery on floors... Suede or soft leather ones would supply more traction :thumbs up

They have a hard rubber sole on them.

hazelrunpack
July 29th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Oh, wow! A lot fancier than the ones we used to have, then! :thumbs up

TeriM
July 29th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Kinda like these ones

hazelrunpack
July 29th, 2007, 12:27 AM
They look like the snow boots I had as a kid! :eek: They actually even look sturdy! :o I'm sort of out of the fashion loop around here. :crazy: Things have obviously evolved since the last time I went looking for doggy boots.

bendyfoot
July 30th, 2007, 09:24 AM
I tried some booties for Jaida when she was a baby and figuring out how to live as a tripod on slippery hardwood floors (she used to have a pretty hard time walking). Ours had a treaded plastic/vinyl/something sole, and we found they were just as slippery as her paw pads...not much help.