Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

lil dog help

soulie
July 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM
hello my little dog has been throwing up for about 2 days now and this morning my mother layed down on em for about a second he didnt cry but he squicked and hes still throwing up how can i tell if when she rolled over on him she didnt make it worse or he has inner bleeding or something? thnx

mummummum
July 28th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Only a proper examination by a Vet can tell you whether your dog was injured when your mother layed down on and rolled over on him. And as your dog has been vomitting for two days, this sounds like an opportune time to see your Vet ASAP if only to get some answers on the vomiting.

Vomiting can occur as a result of eating something toxic or poisonous, an infection, food allergies and sensitivities and so on ~ for your own peace of mind I think you need to get your dog to your Vet asap. Keep us posted on how you make out ! :fingerscr

soulie
July 28th, 2007, 01:01 PM
well my dog broke his foot like a month ago and the idiots at the vet put the cast on 2 tight so it cut of his surculation and hes still recovering from a toe amputated from the infection. thnx 4 the answer

soulie
July 28th, 2007, 01:04 PM
i checked em out it dusnt seem that hes hurting he walks perfectly we also had 2 bring em in 2 days ago for the infection on his foot but now we dont have 2 go c em >.> in about 7-10 days he should b okay 2 get the cone of his head :D

soulie
July 28th, 2007, 01:07 PM
when he throws up hes throwing up some kind of yellow junks :frown: also his noes is wet

badger
July 28th, 2007, 01:20 PM
He still needs to see the vet for his vomiting, the yellow bile he is bringing up means he is feeling sick and may be seriously ill, even if he is wagging his tail, please take him today.

mummummum
July 28th, 2007, 01:24 PM
The "yellow junk" is likely bile and he is probably throwing up bile because he has nothing left in his stomach to vomit.

Normally, it's a wait-and-see with dogs who are vomiting BUT your dog has an existing infection / possibly gangrene and has been now vomiting for 2 days which means that he is not absorbing the antibiotics you are giving him for the infection/ gangrene and dehydration is setting in. Personally I think your dog is at risk and you need to see a Vet asap.

soulie
July 28th, 2007, 01:28 PM
il take me asap thnx :)

joeysmama
July 28th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Please let us know what the vet said !!

SEVIIN
July 30th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Yes he seems to have an infection or ate something poisonous. It is natural for dogs to have wet noses but not dripping, just damp. When he sleeps is his nose wet? Because it shouldn't be when he's asleep. Gangrene sounds close to what your puppy might have but a vet's opinion is much better. I'm so sorry to hear the vet put the cast on too tight, that poor dog must have been in so much pain :sad:

Let us know how it goes at the vet and really, you need to go asap and if you can't afford it, ask them about making payments because this is an important time for him to go. A lot of times if you don't have the money right away, they will hold the animal until you do, so they can still get treatment right away. Good Luck to you and your puppy. :pray: :fingerscr