Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A few flowers

clm
July 28th, 2007, 12:21 PM
My favorite rose in the garden. It's a David Austin English rose. Can't remember the name, but I'd know it if I heard it :laughing: I just love the colour and it's scent is heaven.
One of my mandivilla(sp?) and one of my yellow water lily. I've got a red one that'll be in bloom later on this week. Can't wait!

Cindy

hazelrunpack
July 28th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Oh, Cindy, they're gorgeous! :cloud9:

Once again hazel is in awe of someone who can grow beautiful flowers! :D I'm struggling to keep my plants intact amidst numerous doggie forays into my pathetic garden. (The wildflowers outside the fence seem to be doing fine, but I can't take credit for them--they take care of themselves! :D)

So nice to see some beautiful cultivated blooms! :thumbs up Make sure you post a pic of the red one when it blooms, too, please! :o

JanM
July 29th, 2007, 11:52 AM
What a beautiful rose! Mine are all finished now - there may be a second flowering but it will be a short one.

clm
July 29th, 2007, 11:56 AM
After the big June flush of roses, they flower sporatically until the next big fall flush in September. At least with so many bushes there's always something blooming. :laughing:
My garden has suffered terribly this year. I've neglected it terribly. Too busy with the puppies I'm afraid. The good thing about gardening is there's always next summer. :laughing:

Cindy

jiorji
July 29th, 2007, 12:21 PM
no lotuses in your water garden?:yell:
you can buy seeds off ebay and seed them yourself. I've done it before...it's so great. :cloud9:

I love the lily :thumbs up

clm
July 29th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Yes there is a lotus in the pond. Unfortunately the original tuber was destroyed by iris borers so it's come back up from a baby tuber or seeds from last years flowers, I'm not sure. It's only sent up 5 leaves, no flowers this year, I'm hoping for flowers from it again next year. The koi were digging around in that pot a lot this spring, so I'm sure all the bugs ended up fish food. :D

Cindy

chico2
July 29th, 2007, 05:00 PM
CLM,beautiful flowers:thumbs up
Different plants did not do so good this year,some things did not bloom,but the roses always seem to survive anything.
The weather is all screwed up,trees are already going in to fall-mode here,what's up with that???and it's still really hot and sunny..

jiorji
July 29th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Yes there is a lotus in the pond. Unfortunately the original tuber was destroyed by iris borers so it's come back up from a baby tuber or seeds from last years flowers, I'm not sure. It's only sent up 5 leaves, no flowers this year, I'm hoping for flowers from it again next year. The koi were digging around in that pot a lot this spring, so I'm sure all the bugs ended up fish food. :D

Cindy

well it takes it 2 years to bloom, especially if it's a small tuber. The tubers you can eat apparently. :thumbs up
I'd love to be able to grow a lotus

clm
July 30th, 2007, 08:30 AM
well it takes it 2 years to bloom, especially if it's a small tuber. The tubers you can eat apparently. :thumbs up
I'd love to be able to grow a lotus

All you need is a large pot that holds water, and you can grow one!

Something around half barrel size or those large round tubs you can buy at Walmart or Homedepot. half full of clay based soil, a fruit tree food spike and filled with water set out in full sun and it'll grow and bloom it's heart out for you.:laughing: The container must be round....just remember that.

Chico2. I know what you mean about this summer being all messed up. My phlox is blooming at least 2 weeks early and so are the rose of sharon blooming too early. I hope that doesn't mean were in for an early cold winter.

Cindy

rainbow
August 4th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I love the water lily :lovestruck: ....looking forward to seeing the red one. :cloud9:

clm
August 4th, 2007, 03:47 PM
I love the water lily :lovestruck: ....looking forward to seeing the red one. :cloud9:

The red flower bud just broke the pond surface today and it's a large bud. I'm hoping for it to open for the first time tomorrow :fingerscr

Cindy

rainbow
August 4th, 2007, 04:18 PM
The red flower bud just broke the pond surface today and it's a large bud. I'm hoping for it to open for the first time tomorrow :fingerscr

Cindy

:thumbs up :D