Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

safe carpet cleaning

Jim Hall
July 28th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Down unders favorite places are on the floor comprised of fairly new indoor /out door carpet.
What is the heathiest best way to clean uo those areas
thes no food there or anything but fur but its pretty embedded in the carpet fibers under the bed. stiff brush maybe? some kind of carpet shampoo?

I know it sounds uncomfortable for her but i have put pillows and blankets and she seems to like the floor.
Hey I had my way she would be sharing the bed the couch with me she was onthe bed a few times and i gave her a treat each time

Love4himies
July 28th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Sorry, can't give you any cleaning tips, got hardwood in my house.

I bet down under is going to be up cuddling before long. She just has to be sure that she will not be punished for jumping up. Who knows what she went through if she jumped up on furniture in her last house.

mummummum
July 28th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I use a damp j-cloth and move it in circles to pull up the surface hair and then use the dog's slicker brush on the carpets and find it does a great job of pulling any long hair which might be embedded in the broadloom.

krdahmer
July 28th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Ya the brush works great for the fur. But for the inevitable furballs and barf and accidents I got one of those Little Green machines for my birthday (I asked for it;) ), and it is the best present ever. If you have carpet and pets you neeeeeed one. All you have to use is hot water and the stains and marks come right up. (thats the best part- no cleaners necessary just hot water).

Oh and they have one called a SpotBot now that does all the work for you!

LittleMomma
July 28th, 2007, 02:59 PM
I was going to suggest the little carpet cleaners, too.... I know Bissel makes a Pet-specific detergent for them

Jim Hall
July 28th, 2007, 06:46 PM
excellent thanks i think ill grt one of those green machines
as for d u on the fyrniture i cant wait till she thinks the bed is ok
i feel bad for her that she is too scared to be on the bed

she has been on the ebd a few tomes and ive given her a treat each time

mummummum
July 28th, 2007, 07:14 PM
I have a hugemoungous Bissell canister carpet cleaner (what can I say. lots o' dogs, lots o' carpet :D ) but I use the slicker brush to pull the hair first up so that I don't gum up the works in my vaccuum and carpet cleaner.

mummummum
July 28th, 2007, 07:16 PM
excellent thanks i think ill grt one of those green machines
as for d u on the fyrniture i cant wait till she thinks the bed is ok
i feel bad for her that she is too scared to be on the bed

she has been on the ebd a few tomes and ive given her a treat each time

Time, patience and knowing that your loving arms are always open to her are the most important things Jim ~ she'll come along eventually. I'm still working through issues with Declan a year and half later. :shrug: And that's okay ~ he can take all the time he needs.

Jim Hall
July 29th, 2007, 12:28 AM
thanks for the tips i'm working the kitty adoption tom at petco
i wll pick up a slicker

ITs ok though DU is warm and safe and well fed she can take all the time she needs

all the kittens are staying at the cattery sunday, they got some sniffles
and we got too many young and mature cats to get adopted
evry body wants a %^&* kitten!!! i printed up so you think you want a dog?
and am going to edit for kittens

wish us luck!!!