Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Shirley1011

mummummum
July 27th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Sable, Shirley's Shepherd/Norwegian Elkhound cross has been missing since
the end of August/06 from their cottage just south of Orillia on Lake
Dalrymple.

Shirley is a true hero in my book. Her love for Sable is so deep that even after a year she has just as much, if not more, determination that Sable will come back home. She has logged thousands of miles on her car searching for Sable even though she lives no where closeby to the area where Sable went missing. She has logged thousands of hours on the telephone, on the internet, with pen and paper, at the photocopier and so on to find her dog Sable.

Since she first posted, each and every time Shirley posts again, I for one say a silent prayer, "Let this be the one, let Shirley finally tell us that Sable is home".

Shirley is now a "Senior Member". She became a Senior member because she is thoughtful enough to keep us up to date on her search and is kind and generous-of-spirit enough to reach out and support others who have also lost their animals.

Where many would say but "it's just a dog", Shirley's determination knows only the boundaries of love and in love there are no walls, no limits, no end-of-the roads.

For this Shirley, you are my hero.

happycats
July 27th, 2007, 09:43 PM
What a great post mummummum and SO true.:thumbs up

Shirley, your love, dedication, determination to Sable, shows what a warm, loyal and wondeful person you truly are:angel:

I too pray for Sables safe return, and everytime I see the thread re-emerge, I hope and pray when I open it, it's to read of Sables safe return, and I know one day it will be.

Love4himies
July 28th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Great post mummummum! Shirley your dedication to finding your beloved Sable is wonderful:thumbs up . If only all humans were like you.

marko
July 28th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Where many would say but "it's just a dog", Shirley's determination knows only the boundaries of love and in love there are no walls, no limits, no end-of-the roads.

On THIS board, dogs are members of the family, and I think we can all feel your pain. :sorry:

You are an amazing mommy Shirley, I too send good vibes and positive thoughts your way...and I truly hope you find Sable. :pray: :grouphug: :dog:

A good suggestion from my wife is that Shirley should try to get some press on this situation. She HAS been looking for a year and that is a very newsworthy story. The press could get some word out....Good luck... and if I can help in anyway with an email or phone call to anyone please just PM me.

I too lost little Zacky (my cat - now at the bridge) a few years back for 36 hours and totally freaked out. I can't imagine what Shirley is going through but TOTALLY admire her dedication.

Sincerely,

Marko
ADMIN

Hunter's_owner
July 28th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Great post MMM.:thumbs up

Like the others, I cannot even begin to imagine what Shirley must be going through, your dedication really does show what a wonderful person you are.:angel: :grouphug:

rainbow
July 28th, 2007, 05:31 PM

Very well said, MX3. Shirley is an amazing person. :angel: I pray for the day when she is rewarded for all her efforts and she and Sable are reunited. :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
July 28th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Shirley is amazing! And we pray daily that she and Sable find each other again. :pray: :fingerscr

:grouphug:

TeriM
July 28th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Very well said, MX3. Shirley is an amazing person. :angel: I pray for the day when she is rewarded for all her efforts and she and Sable are reunited. :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes:

My thoughts exactly :goodvibes: :fingerscr .