Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Crazy cat!!

happycats
July 27th, 2007, 11:20 AM
A funny story, I thought I'd share.

I was sound asleep last night, when all of a sudden something (Tuffy, and her paymate) are running all over the bed, with me in it!!
I switch on the lamp, and much to my surprise, there is Tuffy chasing a mouse all over my bed!!!:eek: "Holy crap" I screamed!!
Well I guess Tuffy thought I was going to steal her new friend so she grabbed it and ran like gangbusters. By the time she stopped the poor little thing was dead:sad:

I'm not afraid of mice, but the thought of one running accross my face with Tuffy in hot pursuit, just freaked me out. :o

I think it came in through the basement window as we leave open for the cat's, as that's where their outside cage is.

Jim Hall
July 27th, 2007, 12:55 PM
too funny well at least you know kitty is on patrol while you sleep

bendyfoot
July 27th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Yup, there's nothing like being awakened from a dead sleep by the "pitter-patter of little feet" across the bed...

more like a herd of angry wildebeast if you ask me. Cat's just aren't as delicate all the time.

krdahmer
July 27th, 2007, 03:29 PM
:eek: I'm used to the cat attack at night but with a mouse!! :yuck:

Jim Hall
July 27th, 2007, 05:13 PM
ever have em put their catch of the night by the food bowls?
look boss what i brought for breakie!!

Hmm a Poll whats the most disgusting thing the cat drug in ?

chico2
July 27th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I was watching TV one night and here comes a little mouse with Vinnie in hot persuit,scared me witless....luckily I was able to open the patio-doors and the little guy was safe.
This was a couple of years ago,when we discovered mice in the house,no more:thumbs up
I think they are cute little guys,but prefer them outside:laughing:

Frenchy
July 27th, 2007, 07:55 PM
OMG I would have died ! I am sooo scared of mice ! There are some here too , I only saw 2 IN the house but other times , I could hear one :eek:

To have one on my bed ..... no no no .

sugarcatmom
July 27th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Hmm a Poll whats the most disgusting thing the cat drug in ?

Besides barely alive mice, Aztec brought in a perfectly live sparrow one time that I had to pry from his jaws, thus releasing it to fly around the house. A rather comical 15 minutes go by with 2 cats and 2 humans in hot pursuit of the poor thing. Finally manage to catch it in the bathroom and let it go back outside, where it thankfully flew off, although at a bit of a wonky angle.

But the biggest "ewwww" factor was when Aztec's brother, Egypt, brought in a huge (and I'm talking snake-size!) dew worm from the garden, and proudly dropped it on my living room floor, wriggling like crazy. What fun!! This corresponded with one of their favourite things to do: play "whack-a-mole" with the worms in the garden while it was raining. God forbid you should ever get a drop of water on them at any other time, but if the worms were out, they were completely obsessed and oblivious to the inevitable soaking they received. Cats are weird.

Love4himies
July 27th, 2007, 08:38 PM
That is hilarious. Well, funny for those of us reading, maybe not so much for you. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 27th, 2007, 10:13 PM
At least you know that Tuffy is looking out for you when you're asleep! No way was that mouse going to be allowed to crawl across your face, cuz Tuffy knows how that would gross you out! :thumbs up Good kitty! :lovestruck: :thumbs up

happycats
July 27th, 2007, 10:31 PM
OMG I would have freaked if it ran under the covers:eek:
It's scared the crap out of me, because she was flying around the bed at warp speed! I sat straight up. What a rude awakening:rolleyes:
My DH said he wished that he could have seen it! He works nights so I was all alone.....me Tuffy and little grey lightening:rip:

Jim Hall, that's a great idea for a poll! I have a few good ones.

Shaykeija
July 27th, 2007, 10:49 PM
A mouse is nothing, wait until you are sleeping Au natural and have a cat drop a snake on your chest...Now that is a heart stopping wake up lol. Mai noon, one of my cats, loved to catch garden snakes and bring them in the house. I guess she thought they were mobile sting toys. She never hurt them, just batted them around....:p

Frenchy
July 28th, 2007, 11:00 AM
A mouse is nothing, wait until you are sleeping Au natural and have a cat drop a snake on your chest...

:eek: ewwwwwww :yuck:

dtbmnec
July 28th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Thankfully none of my boys have so far managed to bring back any "presents" for me.

Though they do have this great protective thing where if dandelion fluff comes by....well lets just say its in for a butt whipping! :laughing:

Megan

chico2
July 28th, 2007, 04:59 PM
My Vinnie just about went in the pool today,chasing a Dragon-Fly,I would have loved to see him all wet(my bad:laughing: )

I_love_mischa
July 29th, 2007, 06:35 PM
I don't think I will ever let my cat outside after hearing that snake story!! OH my goodness!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: