The Annual Celebration Of Light Fireworks @ English Bay

1st pic English Bay pre-big bang
2nd & 3rd pics the big bangs Spains' entry

growler~GateKeeper
July 27th, 2007, 01:23 AM
More big bangs from Spain

rainbow
July 27th, 2007, 01:29 AM
I wish I could have been there. English Bay is a great place and I love a fireworks display. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
July 27th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Ember is sitting in my lap, looking at the pictures and whining, "Make them make noise, Mama! I wanna hear the bangs!" :dog: Sigh...he's such a fan of fireworks! He would've loved being there! :cloud9:

Nice pictures! I'm with rainbow--I love a good fireworks display, too! Forgive my geographic ignorance, but where is English Bay? :confused: I couldn't find it on my map, but Canada is pretty big...:o...I must be looking in the wrong place.

Frenchy
July 27th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Forgive my geographic ignorance, but where is English Bay? :confused: I couldn't find it on my map, but Canada is pretty big...:o...I must be looking in the wrong place.

It's an area near downtown Vancouver, water front, cute little beach / boutiques/ restaurants.

Lukka'sma
July 27th, 2007, 12:11 PM
I love a fireworks display too. One year I went to Windsor-Detroit display and it was phenomenal. The grand finale rocked the ground for about 10 full minutes, just incredible. But then anything that Detroit does is always dynamite in my book!

Rick C
July 27th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Great job Growler.

I took the picture below one night . . . . . from ten miles away . . . . . through a window. . . . . . handheld with about a ten second exposure . . . .Canada Day fireworks over Black Diamond, Alberta.

Can't believe it actually turned out. Sort of.

http://www.goldentales.ca/CSC_0907-edit1.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

growler~GateKeeper
July 27th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Forgive my geographic ignorance, but where is English Bay? :confused: I couldn't find it on my map, but Canada is pretty big...:o...I must be looking in the wrong place.

It's an area near downtown Vancouver, water front, cute little beach / boutiques/ restaurants.

HRP Frenchys' right just a wee bit west of downtown Vancouver - still part of Vanc., English Bay leads into the Pacific Ocean:)

Rick C I'd say your pic turned out great esp fr that distance! WOW! It's cool looks kinda like a big jellyfish:D

hazelrunpack
July 28th, 2007, 10:06 PM
So Ember and I need to get to Vancouver quick to see the fireworks, eh? :D :dog: hazel was hopin' English Bay was just a tad closer...:p

TeriM
July 28th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Cool pics Growler. I rarely go to the fireworks as the traffic is such a freakin nightmare for them but I do love a good fireworks display :) .

wdawson
July 28th, 2007, 11:08 PM
those are great pics......i tried the firework pics once.................turned out like crap.

hazelrunpack
July 28th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Cool pics Growler. I rarely go to the fireworks as the traffic is such a freakin nightmare for them but I do love a good fireworks display :) .

I used to bring a book and a flashlight and just sit there after the show until the parking lot cleared out a bit. Only got questioned by the police once. :D

TeriM
July 28th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I used to bring a book and a flashlight and just sit there after the show until the parking lot cleared out a bit. Only got questioned by the police once. :D

Great plan but the Vancouver traffic and multiple bridges make for an extra delightful experience :rolleyes: . We used to go when we had friends that had an apartment with a great view and then just relax afterwards till it all cleared out but then they moved so no more :sad: .

growler~GateKeeper
July 29th, 2007, 10:57 PM
So Ember and I need to get to Vancouver quick to see the fireworks, eh? :D :dog: hazel was hopin' English Bay was just a tad closer...:p

Yeah you still have until Sat Aug 4 that's the last show. :) Don't forget to bring Lil Belle - you can just drop her off @ my apt (have to sneak her in tho) she won't hear much noise from there! :p :D Duffy would love to have a Princess Setter sister - she already loves the barking videos. :D

growler~GateKeeper
July 29th, 2007, 11:46 PM
I think Canada was better than Spain - there is NO bias when it comes to FW. Spain is usually awesome, this year they just didn't have it :shrug:

Pic 1 the Waterboats - I thought the VFD delivered the last of these to WA but maybe they bring them up for this event? not sure but cool anyways.
Pic 2 & 3 more big bangs

growler~GateKeeper
July 29th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Pic 1 & 2 Always love the "unusual" colours like purple
Pic 3 almost no wind hence the standing smoke

growler~GateKeeper
July 30th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Pic 1 this was cool tho unfortunately abit fuzzy, too bad I missed the 3 red hearts :love: I wasn't ready when they appeared :frustrated: :frustrated:
Pic 2 I'm so glad this turned out. Cool
Pic 3 Lotsa sparkle in this one
Two more days to go, anyone sick of these pics yet? :laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 1st, 2007, 12:18 AM
Aha! finally found 'em! Very cool pics, growler! :thumbs up You have superb timing! :cloud9: I love fireworks... Ember will wanna see these when he gets up tomorrow morning! :dog:

And Lil Belle would love to meet Duffy... LB is one of our best barkers, so Duffy would get more than enough conversation :p

Hazel's been runnin' around lookin' for these all night--finally got smart and checked out 'all threads by growler' :rolleyes: That hazel is sure slow!

rainbow
August 2nd, 2007, 12:28 AM
Those are great shots you got, Growler. :thumbs up

GO CANADA GO !!!

growler~GateKeeper
August 3rd, 2007, 01:59 AM
Here are some shots from China's night
Pic 1 Here's a better pic of the Waterboat please excuse the lamppost no time to move - the boat was ready to leave had to get the shot while I could :D
Pic 2 It's cool when you have 2 fw in one bang
Pic 3 looks kinda like a flower

growler~GateKeeper
August 3rd, 2007, 02:02 AM
Pic 1, 2 & 3 way too :cool:

growler~GateKeeper
August 3rd, 2007, 02:08 AM
Last pics from China
Pic 1 Big double bang
Pic 2 How'd they do that?
More to come after Sat - "The Grande Finale" & announcement of the winner

rainbow
August 4th, 2007, 01:57 PM
China is looking good but still have my fingers crossed for Canada. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :ca: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
August 5th, 2007, 03:41 AM
pic 1 little smokey but cool colours
pic 2 picture purrrfect (if I do say so myself :rolleyes: just did :laughing: )
pic 3 a close look shows 2 colours

growler~GateKeeper
August 5th, 2007, 04:19 AM
pic 1 bit blurry :o but lotsa colours
pic 2 I like the multiple direction ones
pic 3 Thats it the grand finale :)

growler~GateKeeper
August 5th, 2007, 04:23 AM
China is looking good but still have my fingers crossed for Canada. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :ca: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

.............And the official winner of the Vancouver Celebration of Light Fireworks is:.......(drum roll please)

:ca: Canada :ca:

:)

hazelrunpack
August 5th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Woohooooo! :highfive:

Great show, growler! :D You really must have excellent timing--on all those shots it looks just like you knew exactly when they'd be at their prettiest! :thumbs up

How do they get those multi-layer explosions? :eek: hazel is in awe!

growler~GateKeeper
August 5th, 2007, 01:16 PM
A bit of hit & miss w/ the pics, Of course I only posted some of the good ones :D

I realised to get a good shot the pic has to be taken right after the "flash of the fireworks" when the intial bang of light has just faded, otherwise you just get a blob of flash, esp when there is no wind to blow the smoke away or you get lit up smoke :D

I did miss a couple a cool shots though, Canada's turn they had 3 red hearts & I wasn't ready - missed it :o :sad: and because of the smoke & no telephoto lens I couldn't get good shots of the lower ones.

I'm lovin' this camera - Sony Digital Cybershot 6.0 megaixel. I have some of the fireworks on the Movie function on this camera but haven't figured out yet if I can pull still pics from the video

rainbow
August 6th, 2007, 05:23 PM
:ca: :ca: WOO HOO CANADA !!! :ca: :ca:

And, Growler, thanks for posting all those awesome photos. :thumbs up