Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How a Skamper Ramp (is supposed to) works!

BusterBoo
July 26th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I took a short video of my two boys trying out the Skamper Ramp in our pool. As your can see Harley is quite calm and will float around in the pool, however Buster is a little more rambunctious and wanted to "help" Harley get out of the pool.

The boys are still learning how to use the ramp, and once they have it mastered, I will feel a lot better! Obviously, when we are not on the pool deck, the ramp is out of the water, otherwise Buster would be in the pool! He LOVES to swim!

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/Loubrat/?action=view&current=49d6acb3.flv

rainbow
July 26th, 2007, 06:49 PM
:laughing: That was sooo cute.....I loved it when Buster was pawing Harley on top of the head to try and "help" him out of the pool. :D

mummummum
July 26th, 2007, 07:01 PM
The boys are still learning how to use the ramp, and once they have it mastered, I will feel a lot better! Obviously, when we are not on the pool deck, the ramp is out of the water, otherwise Buster would be in the pool! He LOVES to swim!

Such cuteness (not to mention the brotherly love going on...) ! :lovestruck: But wouldn't it be better to leave the ramp in the pool just in case somebody falls in or decides to go swimmimg on their own and you aren't in the backyard ?

BusterBoo
July 27th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Such cuteness (not to mention the brotherly love going on...) ! :lovestruck: But wouldn't it be better to leave the ramp in the pool just in case somebody falls in or decides to go swimmimg on their own and you aren't in the backyard ?

Most definitely, if we are on the deck, the ramp is in the water.....however, if we are not on the pool deck (sitting on any of the lower decks or screened room), then the gate to the pool is closed. Since Buster is still a little "hyper", he hasn't clued in 100% that he is NOT to go into the pool via the ramp.

We are still in the learning process and I am just sooooo nervous when the dogs are on the pool deck.....I would never leave them alone or give them access to that area alone.

Buster also has a little kiddie pool that is on the lower deck (with about 3 inches of water) so he goes in there most of the time.

:D

happycats
July 27th, 2007, 07:07 AM
That was so cute:lovestruck: Great swimmers!!

LibbyP
July 27th, 2007, 08:52 PM
What lucky(spoiled) boys ;) looks like they have a great time swimming, Harley is very relaxed enjoying himself... when his butt head of a little brother has to start playing monkey games... thanks for sharing :D