Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How much excersise for the pup?

brianna079
July 26th, 2007, 08:58 AM
I got my puppy last friday, and am quite confused about the amount of excersise for him.

My last doberman I had I got as a pup as well, but I think he was much more active than my new guy - he was quite wired, very rarely quiet.

My new guy seems to get tired *quickly* - after about 15 minutes of walking or so...but we take him out a lot, and he has his *play-time* with the cat as well. Is this enough, because we have tried to take him on longer walks, and the last time we carried him home (that was a 30 minute walk). :confused:

mummummum
July 26th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Woo-hoo for the new puppy ! Congrats ~ that's wonderful Brianna ! have you posted pix somewhere ?

On exercize ~ did you see this thread ?http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=456244#post456244

Has he been to the Vet yet for a check-up? Young puppies typically sleep alot for the first 10 weeks (they're busy growing). has he had his first round of vaccines yet ~ that may also have soemthing to do with his tiredness.

brianna079
July 26th, 2007, 11:18 AM
I'm going to be posting pics this evening on my previoous thread *operation puppy pick-up* - I needed a few days to recoup and catch up on lost sleep.

He already went to the vet about 2 weeks ago for his first set of shots, but last night we went to get the kennel-cough shot so we can start some puppy classes!

I also want to say that I am endlessly grateful for everyones encouragement to crate our puppy (I posted regarding this a little while ago, while I was debating whether to crate when we got him or not) - within 3 nights we didnt hear a peep out of him at night, and yesterday evening (day 6) he walked into his crate after dinner to snuggle with his *baby* (an ugly blue stuffed frog) and to take a nap. :cloud9:

This was the first time I had ever crate trained a dog, and I think whoever created this is a genius!! I also do not worry at all when we're at work.

Damn, I LOVE this forum!! :grouphug: