Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat aggression

Barbrarz
July 26th, 2007, 07:36 AM
My daughter and I just adopted a 3 year old cat from the shelter. I feel we did all appropriate introductions. We left the cat alone until he came to us. The problem is he is very Aggressive more than any cat I have owned. I am at a loss to help him. We have never hit him. His attacks are extremely vicious. Not play aggression. My Vet friend checked him out and he is healthy because I thought maybe he was in some pain. He rubs on us constantly and then attacks. I don't know what to do. Has anyone ever owned a cat like this. He is like a mountain lion. She told me a cat like this is very hard to change. Help

kiara
July 26th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I am a volunteer for a cat rescue group. We see many different types of cats. Some of them have been terribly abused by people, or just have aggressive natures. You usually cannot change the way they are. And therefore they should not be adopted out to the public because they are dangerous. I am surprised as to how this rescue operates? Check them out if they have a good reputation? You should call them and tell them what is happening, maybe you could exchange this cat for a friendly cat. As for him maybe he could be placed in a barn and become a mouser? This is what we do with our "unfriendly" cats. Good luck.