Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How many poops a day?

angelinazzz
July 25th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Hi everyone!

My 2 dogs are on Orijin food for about a month and i noticed that they poop 3 times a day...Is that too much? How many poops your dog drop a day?

Lukka'sma
July 25th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Hi angelinazzz, Lukka is on Orijen and she poops about three times a day, sometimes it might be four just depends. She eats approx. 4+ cups daily.

mummummum
July 25th, 2007, 09:40 PM
That sounds about right with my gang. What I am finding however, is that the longer they are on Origen is that the volume (heft ? moundage ? :D ) is decreasing.

rainbow
July 26th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Both my dogs are on Orijen. One poops twice a day (big ones) and the other 2 to 4 times a day (small ones). :shrug:

Ford Girl
July 27th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Mine eats almost 4 cups a day, Orijen, and she poops twice, sometimes 3 times, and right after she eats. BUT...it's always healthy looking, never soft or runny, easy to pick up. Thats what matters to me. Poop wise anyways. hahah!

PetFriendly
July 28th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Our two also eat Origen, they get two meals each of about 1/6 of a cup. One poops before each meal, the other after. We feed around the same time more or less each day, so I think its just coincidence that we this weird before and after thing going on.

Frenchy
July 28th, 2007, 10:00 PM
I just read this thread :laughing: my dogs poop about that , 3 times a day , and reading this , just made me realized , I pick up about 9-10 poop piles a day , 12-13 when I have a foster !!!! :laughing: + the cat's poo too.

Ford Girl
July 30th, 2007, 12:02 PM
I just read this thread :laughing: my dogs poop about that , 3 times a day , and reading this , just made me realized , I pick up about 9-10 poop piles a day , 12-13 when I have a foster !!!! :laughing: + the cat's poo too.

I have an extremely hard time picking up poo, my husband is on never ending poop duty...I will do it if we are out and about or at another persons house, but hardley ever at home. If I try, I gag and gag and dry heave, I feel like such an idiot....but I have a real hard time! One of my friends says it's too painful to see me gag that she picks it up for me before I can even get to it. :crazy:

Frenchy
July 30th, 2007, 08:41 PM
If I try, I gag and gag and dry heave, I feel like such an idiot....but I have a real hard time! One of my friends says it's too painful to see me gag that she picks it up for me before I can even get to it. :crazy:

:laughing: I think I'm immune by now. But I do have a hard time sometimes with the diarya accidents in the house :yuck: (yep , there's been a few lately but thank dog , it's under control now)