Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog parks

heidiho
May 11th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Was thinking of taking my gs to a dog park,i live in arizona,but was told that is not a good idea,i should take him to a regular park,because of diseases,people letting their dogs off the leashes so possible dog fight there..Anyone have an opinion on that?? :confused:

Lucky Rescue
May 11th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Dog parks would be fine if everyone was a responsible owner, but they aren't.

Many people do not even recognize signs of aggression in their dogs and fights ensue. You do not want your puppy to have bad experiences with other dogs at his age. At 4 months old, many puppies seem to experience a "fear" period, and being attacked now could make him fearful and/or aggressive.

The best thing to do is, if you have friends who have well behaved dogs, is to let your dog play with them. Allowing your puppy to play with calm and older dogs would be a good way to socialize him and teach him proper manners with other dogs.

heidiho
May 11th, 2004, 12:11 PM
That is so funny my best friend has a two year old doberman and they play so great together i just love watching them together....Yeah you are right it sounded like a nice park,jumpimg fences and those long tunnels they can run through,but i do not need him to get in a fight,he is a very strong willed puppy and would not be scared of anything,except the balloon that was in the grass today,he freaked wouldnt stop barking,he had no idea what it was.They should have someone at the park that you have to see first to check if all shots and stuff have been given..oh well// :rolleyes: