Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

To Prin, Cyberkitten, Mocha's mum, Byrd, Trippincherri, Erykah1310 and Rick C,

dragon_queen
July 25th, 2007, 12:44 PM
To Prin, Cyberkitten, Mocha's mum, Byrd, Trippincherri, Erykah1310 and Rick C,

Thank you for the suggestions for the drive across canada that my Parents just returned from, they had a great time. They loved the scenery. They enjoyed that gopher hole museum that you suggested Rick C.(they brought me back a calendar) If I ever make it out there i'll go too. They were gone for 5 weeks and came home with hundreds of pictures. So, thanks again.

DQ

mummummum
July 25th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Oooo...do we get to see the pix too ? Glad the trip went well !

Rick C
July 25th, 2007, 02:20 PM
How could one not enjoy stuffed gophers at a gopher hole museum?

http://www.ucalgary.ca/~gauntlet/eg/features/stories/torrington/torrington.html

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tips/getAttraction.php?tip_AttractionNo==8306

I'm pleased they had a good and safe trip across the country.

As a humourous sidebar note, when we first moved to the country, a cute gopher decided to set up shop next to the house. This was amusing until the dirt started to fly. Being stupid people from the city, we phoned the Humane Society and asked how we could safely relocate a gopher. The Humane Society told us to kill the gopher. Which shows you how high gophers are on the endangered species list.

Also, humourously, Saskatchewan is considering incorporating gopher shooting excursions into its tourism program, an article in the Globe & Mail said a few weeks ago.

Glad they didn't have blood on their hands in Torrington!!!

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

erykah1310
July 25th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Im glad they had a wonderful trip and made it safely.
Would love to see some of their pics...

rainbow
July 25th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I also would love to see some pics of all the great places they seen. :D

Byrd
July 25th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Wow that second picture looks like a painting! Glad they had fun... more pics, more pics!!!!

mummummum
July 25th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Your too funny Rick ! :laughing:

And yes, those of us who can only travel vicariously these days would love to see other's travelogues ! So bring on the pix ! :thumbs up

CyberKitten
July 26th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Love the pix!! I am so thrilled they had a wonderful time - we do really live in a colourful and beautiful country!