Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hazel Run Conversations

hazelrunpack
July 24th, 2007, 10:32 PM
The Pack is a gossipy sort of group--which is why they've got a Gossip Corner in their newsletter. There are conversations going on all the time at Hazel Run.

Often, the best conversations start with a quiet joke between two good friends.

"Say, Ridge, did you hear the one about the Kong Flying Disk and the Dangerous Butterfly?"

":laughing: Yeah, that was a good one, Lil Belle!"

But around here, a conversation rarely remains private.

"Hey! I haven't heard that one! Tell me, tell me!" barks Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie.

And so it starts... Another really loud morning at Hazel Run. :D

hazelrunpack
July 24th, 2007, 10:34 PM
There are loud conversations...

And quiet conversations...

wdawson
July 24th, 2007, 10:36 PM
great pics......but where is the audio.....i don't read tongues:laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 24th, 2007, 10:42 PM
There are conversations in slow motion...

...and conversations in fast motion...

hazelrunpack
July 24th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Yep, they're talking all day long... :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

About the only time they're quiet is when it's time to relax in the yard with the Hazel Run Daddy.

And peace returns to Hazel Run.

The End :p

wdawson
July 24th, 2007, 10:46 PM
your setters are great.

hazelrunpack
July 24th, 2007, 10:49 PM

Aw, geez, wdawson--hazel's modem can barely manage still shots! How do you expect it to upload audio! :eek: :p

Besides, half the time, not even the Pack knows what it's talking about! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 24th, 2007, 10:50 PM
your setters are great.

:lovestruck: hazel is rather fond of them! :D

mummummum
July 24th, 2007, 11:00 PM
and you take such great pix ! (Dubyah ~ who wants the talkies with such a great "settah-libretto" !)

hazelrunpack
July 24th, 2007, 11:05 PM
I was looking through this last batch of photos and suddenly realized how many pictures I have of the kyootles with their mouths open! :laughing: No wonder hazel is going deaf! :eek: :o

Dracko
July 25th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Hazel, do u let your dogs in doors or do they sleep outside? Just wondering cuz that would be a lot of dog to have running around the house!

Each time I see pictures you post I can never get over the markings on your dogs. Truly beautiful. :lovestruck:

Hunter's_owner
July 25th, 2007, 07:13 AM
More great pics Hazel. I love the quiet conversation :cloud9:

chico2
July 25th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Hazel,when I look at your 7 beauties,I picture in my mind what my house would be like with all of them running around:laughing: hopefully your house is bigger than mine...but there is ooooh so much loving:cloud9:

hazelrunpack
July 25th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Hazel, do u let your dogs in doors or do they sleep outside? Just wondering cuz that would be a lot of dog to have running around the house!

Each time I see pictures you post I can never get over the markings on your dogs. Truly beautiful. :lovestruck:

They're all house dogs. But they don't run around much at night--they're pretty much all up on the bed! :laughing: And during the day, I let them out if they're going to play. They never are allowed to play in the house, as you may recall...(http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=530948 ; http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=531087) :p

hazelrunpack
July 25th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Thanks, HO. I like the quiet ones, too! :D

And Chico, we have a fairly small house (we traded size for more land when we moved) but we discovered early on that if you devote your dollars to dog furniture instead of human furniture, everything fits! :laughing: We have two sitting chairs, the dining room table chairs (which also are used around the kitchen table and the computer table when the dining room table is idle), and, of course, the beds...which are shared by the dogs. All the rest of it is dog stuff--3 crates, 2 Kurandas, countless round dog nests, and an old love seat that is only used by the dogs (people sink in...:o)

Humans have more furniture outside than the canines do, though :thumbs up--we have a swing and a couple of benches and the dogs have to lie in the grass (or the snow) or on the deck. Well...when they're not in our laps, anyway. :laughing:

Frenchy
July 25th, 2007, 12:42 PM
awww , I'm so relieved after my setter's fix ! :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9:

They seem to have so much fun together ! I love the last one with Mister Hazel and all the fuzzbutts , that's a great pic ! Who's the lucky one on daddy's lap ? Cassie ?

Frenchy
July 25th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Oups , no , I think it's Ridge ? :warped:

hazelrunpack
July 25th, 2007, 01:35 PM
You were right the first time, it's Cass. :thumbs up Ridge is lying behind the lawn chair.

Cass and Ridge look a lot alike, though. When Ridge arrived, she glommed onto Cass like she was her long-lost mama. I think she figured that they looked so much alike that they had be be relatives. :dog:

That's Cass on top and Ridge below. Ridge is spotted a little lighter overall--you can really see how much lighter Ridge's fur is in this picture:

rainbow
July 25th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I loved all the pics as usual. :cloud9: And, another great story......you really do have a fantastic imagination. :thumbs up I think it's about time you tried to find a publisher again. ;)

hazelrunpack
July 25th, 2007, 09:03 PM

Here you go, wayne...try this soundtrack:

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=840811

:D

hazelrunpack
July 25th, 2007, 09:04 PM
I loved all the pics as usual. :cloud9: And, another great story......you really do have a fantastic imagination. :thumbs up I think it's about time you tried to find a publisher again. ;)

Sigh...if I had the money, I would try 'self-publishing'... :o

Ford Girl
July 26th, 2007, 02:39 PM
I love your pack so much, I am so envious, I wanna pack....so beautiful!!! :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
July 26th, 2007, 02:50 PM
he he Ford Girl, we do allow trial runs--practice days for those who think they want a Pack. It's easy--you come here and keep an eye on the kyootles, and hazel takes me and madame hazel out to lunch! :thumbs up Hey, sounds good to hazel! :laughing: If you're still conscious when we get back, you'll know you're up to the physical task. :D

Next, we hand you a bunch of our vet bills. Same deal. After you've looked at them :eek: , if you're still conscious, you'll know you're up to the financial task. :thumbs up

:p

So whaddya say? hazel, madame hazel and I need a vacation :crazy: :warped: :crazy:

Oh, did I mention what it does to your mental health? But we can't test that because we're certifiably nutso! :warped: :p

But having a Pack is worth all of it! :cloud9: