Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello again!

Catzig
July 24th, 2007, 09:20 PM
I thought I should sort of reintroduce myself - it's been so long. I haven't been online for months and months and have to relearn everything, especially how to post pics :sorry: but I will, I promise.

In a nutshell, Tia the GSD is one and a half and has elbow dysplasia (UAP), the Siamese boys, Oscar and Felix, are now 13 and the one in Renal Failure (Oscar) has entered the next phase of the disease (sub-Q fluids and syringe force feeding :pray: ) the other Siamese boy, Felix and the 12 yr old "exotic blend" kitty, Sybil seem to be aging well :fingerscr :fingerscr and I've gone back to work part time (vet bills). I almost forgot, I just completed my first foster. She went to her forever home on July 1st, a sweet little Sheltie named Zoe!

Nice to see you all!
Catzig

mummummum
July 24th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Welcome back Catzig ~ looking forward to those pix (and you know we'll hold you to that promise right ?) !

hazelrunpack
July 24th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Welcome back! :D

Yep, definitely have to hold you to those pics! :thumbs up

Sorry about Tia and Oscar's problems, though. :grouphug:

chico2
July 25th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Catzig,sooo sorry about Oscar and Tia,hopefully things will improve:fingerscr
Glad to see you back,Tia looks beautiful in your Avatar,but we need more pics and please include the kitties:cat: :dog:

Catzig
July 25th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Thanks everyone, it's nice to catch up too. Here is a recent pic of the 3 kitties ... Felix (back), Sybil (centre) and Oscar (front). Poor Oscar used to be as dark as Felix ... he really is fading away.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/Catpur/3kitties07jul.jpg

It's hard to get Tia to stay still long enough to take a picture. I'm afraid this is the best I can do for now - she's unconsious :laughing: . This one is of Tia and our little foster girl, Zoe sharing tv time with Mom. Thank goodness the cats use the pet beds at least!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/Catpur/Zoe%20-%20March%202007/DSC00559.jpg

chico2
July 26th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Catzig,thank you for the pics....a friend of mine has the same colour Siamese cats(4)his 19yr old female has also lost her darker colour,she's almost white:confused:
I wonder why that is? Maybe the same as my hair now beeing white??
Poor Oscar,I hope he's not suffering,I don't know much about renal failure.
However I am sure you are doing all you can for him:love:

Catzig
July 26th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks Chico2. Oscar seems to be feeling more like himself these last few days. Last week was rough, requiring daily sub-Q fluids, more drugs and force feeding and his being very lethargic and pretty much invisible. But all the effort seems to have made a difference as he's back to following me around, love-biting my ankles and actually playing once in a while with his toys. I guess we need to adjust and watch more closely for the ups and downs of the disease and be proactive with fluids and whatever else we have to offer. I've already had "the talk" with the vet about when the time comes, which hopefully won't be any time soon. (I had to while I can be sensible and coherent instead of sobbing and heartbroken.)

My son stopped by today and was quite shocked at the colour (or lack of) Oscar's coat. I understand they can fade somewhat with age - like you and I :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: - but in his case it's happening so much faster because his body is using all it's resources to stay alive, so his coat condition and colour suffer. Fortunately, for now, that seems to be the only part of him that's suffering ... except for when I squirt his gruel a little too quickly :eek:

chico2
July 27th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Thank's for explaining Catzig,I too hope you'll have a long time yet with your beautiful Oscar:pray: