Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Canada's Funniest Home Videos or Aliens?

mummummum
July 24th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Either someone decided it's never too late for an April Fool's joke or there was a hidden camera...

While walking the dawgs tonight I happened to glance across the street. I see what appears to be a small animal carrier. Crossing over ~ yup that's what it is and there is a HUGE bag of Whiska's beside it. Uh-oh..."What kind of an inhumane brute abandons a kitty on a dark street, late at night in the rain ???", says indignant moi. Finding a place to hitch up the dogs I cautiously approach ~ it is a dark corner after all and we do have lots of raccoons, rabbits, the odd fox and cayote. I sidle up to the carrier, noticing it doesn't seem to have a door (hmmmm....), listening for sounds, hearing nothing but sure enough the carrier moves. Okay, whip out trusty flashlight which according to Murphy's Law chooses this time as the time to die (sigh...luck of the Irish eh ?). Re-think "The Plan", discover there is no plan. What the heck would I do with a cat in a carrier, three rambunctious dogs and a gimpy foot anyway ? Carrier moves again. Okay on to Plan B.

Home we go. Retrieve working flashlight and a large laundry bag to nab cat if needed. Still not sure what I will do with cat once securely nabbed and home given my doggies' luuuuuuuuv of cats :laughing:.But that's Plan B subsection "A" and I haven't quite fine-tuned that yet. Still raining ~ nice:yell: . Shine light on area surrounding carrier ~ no signs of frothing at mouth wildlife ~ good. Shine light on carrier (hmmmmm... why is there no door ? and why does it have holes on the top ? ). Shine light in carrier ~ yes :rolleyes: it's a kitty litter box with some poopies and a scooper. Shine light in big bag of Whiska's ~ just a few handfuls left. And why did it move when I sidled up to it? The carrier was sitting on top of a stick which when stepped on, jiggled the carrier. :rolleyes:

So either aliens :clown2: decided to drop off their children or there was a camera hidden in the treetops nabbing :loser: like me.... let me know if I make my debut on primetime will ya ?:laughing: :laughing:

rainbow
July 24th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Maybe "Just for Laughs" was taping in your area. :laughing:

geoffh4
July 24th, 2007, 06:17 AM
lol I bet so! You'll know tonight or in a week I bet

chico2
July 24th, 2007, 07:12 AM
3Xmum...I am reading with anticipation expecting to find out what planet this alien is from,or what was moving in the bag,but no answer:yell:

Jim Hall
July 24th, 2007, 07:26 AM
ohh geeze what was in the bag ?

mummummum
July 24th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Just a couple of handfuls of kibble...or ? :clown2: maybe they were alien pod-babies !!!:evil: BBBbbbwwwwwwwaaaaahahahahhahahhaaaa !:evil:

hazelrunpack
July 24th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Sounds like a rather elaborate set-up...perhaps someone is trying to attract their missing cat? Or kicking the ex out of the apartment (the ex took his/her cat)? Hmmmm... But then why the stick set up to move the carrier?

Personally, that all seems rather far-fetched. :D So hazel is voting for the alien pod-children theory! :warped:

:crazy:

krdahmer
July 24th, 2007, 11:40 AM
:laughing: Did it happen to be garbage day?

mummummum
July 24th, 2007, 11:49 AM
:laughing: I'll take a pic of it Hazel when we're out later today. It's still there but we didn't get quite far enough this morning for me to check the trees for hidden cameras:laughing:

And nope krdahmer, it's not garbage day. And it's in the far corner of a grassy area abutting the rear entrance of a private girl's school ~ there isn't even a sidewalk on that side of the street so it likely wouldn't even be noticed by most people.

krdahmer
July 24th, 2007, 11:54 AM
That is strange... I'm gonna have to start watching that Just For Laughs Gags I think... ;)