Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need help finding out about a type of doggie!!

Talia
July 23rd, 2007, 11:07 PM
Hi guys,
Im looking on purchasing a little doggie soon, and ive seen this little doggie that looks like a teddy bear, its almost like a pom without the long hair, and I cannot find ANYTHING about what kind of dog it is.. any ideas? Please help!!:yell:

mummummum
July 23rd, 2007, 11:28 PM
Are you talking about Mr. Winkle ?

You can find out more about him here... http://www.mrwinkle.com/home.htm

Talia
July 23rd, 2007, 11:33 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is just the most precious thing in the world.. whatkind of dog is that??

mummummum
July 23rd, 2007, 11:47 PM
I don't think anyone knows (meaning he's a mutt). I read about him in Volume 7 Issue 2 of Animal Wellness but there may be more current info on his website.

chico2
July 24th, 2007, 08:26 AM
I keep thinking he's a wind-up toy,with his little pink tounge always hanging out,but I guess the video proved me wrong:laughing:

happycats
July 24th, 2007, 08:36 AM
He is adorable!!
But it seems as if there is only one Mr Winkle (that's what makes him so popular) :D
I'm just happy to see that Mr Winkle is using his fame to help less fortunate animals in need :love: Way to go Mr Winkle!!

joeysmama
July 24th, 2007, 11:32 AM
He's a super cute dog. I think my Cooper is a super cute doggie too.;)

There are others out there though. I would suggest that you call your local shelter and ask them to put you in touch with a small dog rescue organization. I bet you'll find your own Mr. Winkle and you'll be back here telling us your baby is even cuter than the original !!

Kristin7
July 24th, 2007, 11:59 AM
He is insanely cute! Definitely a mutt, but probably has some Pom in him. Funny, to me, my dog is the cutest in the world and I frequently tell him that :lovestruck: joeysmama is right, I bet when you get your own dog, you will likely think he/she is the cutest dog ever!

want4rain
July 24th, 2007, 08:48 PM
as cool as that is... it hurts my tongue to see his hanging out all the time. how come its like that?

-ashley

Talia
July 24th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I heard it's actually not abnormal for a little dogs tounge to hang out like that. It doesn't effect his eating or anything, so it's just all that more cuter in my opinion. :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
July 24th, 2007, 09:15 PM
He looks like a little toy. LOL, what an adorable little guy!

want4rain
July 24th, 2007, 10:48 PM
I heard it's actually not abnormal for a little dogs tounge to hang out like that. It doesn't effect his eating or anything, so it's just all that more cuter in my opinion. :lovestruck:

you ever do that as a kid? i did. i had a sore tongue for a few hours. i think of that whenever i see little dogs with their tongues hanging out. :)

-ashley

want4rain
July 24th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Talia as in Valdemar(Mercedes Lackeys books)? that sure would be cool. :)

-ashley

Talia
July 24th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Hahaha, i cant say I have had that experience as a child.. hehe...

Im confused with your last comment:sorry:

want4rain
July 24th, 2007, 11:51 PM
oh sorry myself!! Talia is a character in a series of some of the coolest books ever. a must read for any animal lover. :) look into Mercedes Lackeys books. she wrote a HUGE series on them. took a break in writing them back in '03. hopefully she will coem back to them soon!!

-ashley