Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found light orange male cat, Ottawa, east St. Patrick King Edward area

Arya
July 23rd, 2007, 07:25 AM
This youngish male cat has clearly lost its owner. He has no collar, light orange fading to almost white around mouth and underside, fluffy tail, long haired, very lonely and is clearly domesticated.

He has been in the neighbourhood for about 2 months, perhaps an Ottawa University student owned him, or someone who has recently moved out of the area.

Specifically, he frequently visits the St. Andrew & Rose intersection and seems more familiar with St. Andrew Street.

Please respond at bborrett@cyberus.ca. I don't want to have the Humane Society put this lonely, poor thing down.

Arya
July 23rd, 2007, 07:29 AM
This youngish male cat has clearly lost its owner. He has no collar, light orange fading to almost white around mouth and underside, fluffy tail, long haired, very lonely and is clearly domesticated.

He has been in the neighbourhood for about 2 months, perhaps an Ottawa University student owned him, or someone who has recently moved out of the area.

Specifically, he frequently visits the St. Andrew & Rose intersection and seems more familiar with St. Andrew Street.

Please respond at bborrett@cyberus.ca. I don't want to have the Humane Society put this lonely, poor thing down.

rainbow
July 23rd, 2007, 05:53 PM
Could you post a picture of him? It would really help. :o

badger
July 23rd, 2007, 07:09 PM
Can I ask if you are feeding him? If you feed him regularly, he'll probably stick around for a picture, then long enough to perhaps find his owner. Here are some websites where you could post his info.

http://www.petfinder.com/post/classifiedhop.html
[url]http://www.canadastrays.com[url]
[url]www.flealess.org[url]

You could also put up some posters and fax a copy to vet offices around town. I think it might be free to post found animals in the Ottawa Gazette.

As incredible as it seems, it's very possible no-one is looking for this sweet boy. Petfinder has listings of rescue groups in your area; maybe you could call a couple and see if they could come get him.

But please arrange to feed him if you can, starvation is a long painful process and you would be doing him a great favour. It doesn't have to be the most expensive food.