Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

natural balance recall

loopoo
July 22nd, 2007, 02:12 PM
not sure if this has been posted or if any feed nature balance canned for dogs, but a number have been recalled...

www.itchmo.com

just wanted all to be aware

SableCollie
July 22nd, 2007, 03:46 PM
I just saw this. Apparently they sent the info out to their email subscribers, but hadn't posted any info on their website yet when itchmo reported. Nice.
"The affected formulas include 15oz cans of: Irish Stew, Hobo Chili, Chinese Take-Out and Southern Style Dumplinís with Gravy. The supplier, Castleberry Foods, found one instance of botulism in improperly sealed cans of human food."

According to the news report I just read, there were at least 2 cases of botulism infection (from products intended for people.)

rainbow
July 22nd, 2007, 08:08 PM
Loopoo, could you get one of the mods to change the title of your post to "Natural Balance Recall"? :)

growler~GateKeeper
July 23rd, 2007, 12:46 AM
You can change the title of your own post by clicking the edit button in the post, then clicking advanced changes:)

rainbow
July 23rd, 2007, 01:29 AM
You can change the title of your own post by clicking the edit button in the post, then clicking advanced changes:)

Wow, thanks Growler, I never knew that. I wanted to change a title a while ago and was told that only a mod could do it. :o

growler~GateKeeper
July 23rd, 2007, 01:32 AM
not sure if it can be done awhile after original post, I started a new thread last night posted it then realized I made a spelling error :o but that was only like 2 minutes later, so not sure if it would work now:)

rainbow
July 23rd, 2007, 01:37 AM
Are you talking about changing a spelling error in your post or the actual title of your post? :confused:

growler~GateKeeper
July 23rd, 2007, 01:37 AM
spelling error in the title:D

rainbow
July 23rd, 2007, 01:46 AM
I'm going to go see if I can change one of mine now :D .......

rainbow
July 23rd, 2007, 01:52 AM
It changed the title in my post but not the title on the forum page. I don't want to hijack this thread anymore so I'll show you in the TJT. :D

:sorry: loopoo, for the hijack. :o

Back to Natural Balance recall.....

badger
July 24th, 2007, 03:12 AM
Here's the petfood part of the recall, taken from the company website:

Brand Product Can Size UPC Barcode

Natural Balance Eatables for Dogs Irish Stew With Beef,
Potatoes & Carrots 15oz 23633 59860

Natural Balance Eatables for Dogs Chinese Take Out With
Sauce With Vegetables and Chicken 15oz 23633 59861

Natural Balance Eatables for Dogs HOBO Chili with
Chicken & Pasta 15oz 23633 59863

Natural Balance Eatables for Dogs Southern Style Dumplings
With Chicken & Vegetables 15oz 23634 59862

http://www.castleberrys.com/news_productrecall.asp

loopoo
July 25th, 2007, 01:31 AM
sorry i could only fix the post title as well.:( not sure how to fix the heading title to natural ..

rainbow
July 25th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Thanks loopoo, it's fixed now so I guess one of the mods did it. :)