Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello new member here

allygirl
July 22nd, 2007, 10:24 AM
Hi, my name is Kirby, wifes name is Julie. Happen to find this site while surffing for dogs illness.

We have an 9 year old boxer, hes the best dog I ever had. The other is a 7 week old cocker, shes the one sick. Prolly take her to the vet tommorow.
She will eat, drink and play, I know it isn't parvo as shes had her shots. However about every 30 min she has a runny stoole. Any thoughts

Thanks
K&J

erykah1310
July 22nd, 2007, 10:30 AM
I dont have any suggestions as to what is wrong, but I would definately head to the vet first thing tomorrow, pups dehydrate fast, so make sure she gets alot of fluid and keep her hydrated. Even a bit of pedialyte would be a good idea. Im not sure on dosages, perhaps someone can chime in with info on that.
Please let us know what happens at the vet tomorrow
:grouphug:

mummummum
July 22nd, 2007, 03:10 PM
Welcome to the board and I'm sorry to hear your puppy is ill. When things are back to normal (well, as normal as they can ever be with a puppy in the house), we would love to see pix of them both. You can get pedialyte at your local drug store. There should be instructions on adminstration oz's to weight of baby on the bottle itself. I wouldn't chill it as this may cause her stomach to spasm and obviously you will be using a needle-less syringe, going slowly. I agree with a Vet visit asap as puppies can go down hill quickly especially when they are that young and have little phsyical stores to draw on. :fingerscr let us know how you make out.

hazelrunpack
July 22nd, 2007, 03:47 PM
I agree with the advice you've already been given. Definitely don't put the vet visit off. Pups are prone to lots of intestinal upsets--and the stress of getting used to a new home will often make it worse.

If she starts throwing up, don't wait till tomorrow--find an emergency vet. Diarrhea and vomiting together can result in a fatal dehydration pretty quickly in a dog that young.

Welcome to the board! And I'll second that request for pics when things settle down at your end! Puppy in the house! How exciting :D

rainbow
July 23rd, 2007, 06:38 PM
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your little girl and hope you've taken her to the vet by now. Hope she is okay and please post with an update in the Pet Health Forum here. :fingerscr

Also, pics would be great when you get a chance. :)