Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found Dog

Toonces
July 21st, 2007, 03:04 PM
This sweet little girl was found July 19th. She wandered into my friends property during a tunderstorm and has been there ever since. Altho she does not look it she is quite thin, I suspect she has either just had pups or is coming out of heat by the looks of her nipples and private area. I spent a few hrs with her today and she is very shy but lapped up all my attention.

Frenchy
July 21st, 2007, 03:19 PM
Wow look at those eyes ! She's a beauty ! So she had no medals, collar ? No nothing ? :frown: Sounds like an unwanted pet to me :sad:

chico2
July 21st, 2007, 03:31 PM
Except for the colour of her fur,she looks like Fate next door,the blue eyes,the way she holds her head,HuskyX I suppose..at least she's in good hands:dog:

Toonces
July 21st, 2007, 04:59 PM
She is a real dolly and has the sweetest personality, we were calling her Foxy because of her striking looks. She let me check her all over, ears, eyes, teeth tummy and I touched her from head to toe. She was fine with 2 of my friends dogs but her boxer did not like her at all so they are being kept seperate. She is safe and being well cared for but they cannot keep her but will keep her untill her owners are found or they can adopt her out, I had a hard time not bring her home!

She will be seeing a vet this week she has a touch of the runs so they are feeding her boiled chicken and rice and some yougurt. She does not appear to be house broken but that could be stress aswell.

rainbow
July 21st, 2007, 05:06 PM
She is gorgeous. :lovestruck: Good luck to your :angel: friends. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Fourcats
July 21st, 2007, 10:35 PM
There are a couple of breeds that can have blue eyes, huskys being one and australian shepherds. Any breed can have blue eyes but in some breeds it is a fault. Colouring could be from shepherd influence and those ears could be shepherd influence as well.
If they let her have a litter they cant be too responsible.
You could also have her checked for a microchip. The shelter in Belleville has a scanner and they are open from 12 noon until 5 pm Monday to Saturday and 1 until 4 on Sunday.
Or call the shelter to see if someone has reported this dog lost but considering the condition she was/is in I would be surprised if anyone calls.
Leslie

Toonces
July 22nd, 2007, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the ifo fourcats, I was thinking the same breeds. I am at quinte humane often, I have emailed them a pic and will drop one off the vet this girl is going to see alos has a scanner but I don't think a chip will be found.

mummummum
July 22nd, 2007, 03:43 PM
I know this is a long shot but in the classifieds of Vol. 5, Issue 3 Canadian Pets and Animals there is an ad for a lost brother and sister pair collie/shepperd mix (they are both fixed though). I can't access the website properly www.petsandanimals.ca to see if the ad is there. They are chipped and were recently adopted/ran away from the Midhurst area. You can pm me for the telephone numbers if you like. It's a long shot ~ but hey, you never know...:o

shirley1011
July 22nd, 2007, 03:50 PM
No the two dogs that ran away from Midhurst don't have colouring like this one....these belong to a friend of mine from Oshawa...her and I used to go
"dog" hunting together last winter....hers are more Blonde....she has never had even a call on them...poor things...they were adopted to a family in Midhurs and a few days later dug out under the fence and were gone.

Sandy who runs a rescue in Oshawa has been out looking for them but hasn't even talked to anyone who has seen them. They didn't stand a chance in the wilds of North of Barrie..they had never been out of a city yard before.

Toonces
July 22nd, 2007, 03:50 PM
I am not even sure where that is but pls pm me the info you never know stranger things have happened

Toonces
July 22nd, 2007, 03:52 PM
oh that is too bad I feel bad for your friend it is always nice to ahve a glimmer of hope

Toonces
July 24th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Well this little girl has found her way home, her owners claimed her last nite, I guess she was very happy to see her family. She bolted during the thunderstorm and they spent days looking for her. My friend said the owners were very nice she is part greyhound so that would explain her tiny frame, she was beside herself when she seen the children (the skin kind)

SIL
July 24th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Another happy ending!!! It's nice to hear those and they seem to be happening more and more often...:thumbs up

shirley1011
July 24th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Great news...now how about Spencer, Billie and Sable...listen up guys
find your way back home..you are all missed so much!:fingerscr

chico2
July 24th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Toonces,that's great news for this pretty girl....like Shirley says,come on home everyone:fingerscr

Carlyg
July 24th, 2007, 06:23 PM
yayyy doggy!

aww I'm happy for the people...I can just imagine what that would feel like to find your dog.
:cloud9:

Frenchy
July 24th, 2007, 08:41 PM
aww , happy ending :cloud9: