Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

So sorry that I have been M.I.A

i_have_too_many
July 20th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Hello everyone

I just thought I would pop in to say hi and I didnt even try to catch up, there has been just too much going on the last month, both here and at home. So for a quick update, I will let you know what is going on with me, then perhaps, if my life permits, I will join in on some other discussions later.

Woody - still have him, he is now up for adoption on our website, he has lost probably about 15 lbs since his arrival and is looking very good. He actually runs around a little now and plays with some of the others, for a very short time.

Kera - after recieving her championship she has been retired from the show ring, I will be breeding her again soon, perhaps this weekend.

Trixi - our little girl, she stole the hearts of all the judges this last month and completed her show championship before her 10 month "birthday". She even took best of breed at her last show beating 9 other GSP's, one being her sire. She will be shown once more before her 1st birthday, then put away until she matures a little. She is still being field trained though.

Xena - our baby, she started her show career last weekend when she turned 6 months old. The Vizsla club of Canada and the Vizsla society of Ontario both had specialties (a show just for that breed) and she was just old enough to go. Although she did not do anything on the first day, she did win best puppy in breed the second day and we took home a huge rosette and some great prizes, so my hubby was happy.

Other than that, I have just been super busy with kids and taking care of the dogs, not to mention running to the vet once a week for something or other. It was an injury and shots one week, then I am doing hip x-rays today :frustrated: I really think that the new lunch room they just built at the clinic should be called "The Harvey Room" since I am sure we payed for most of it :eek: I swear, I have to get a job just to pay these darned vet bills.

Anyways, I will hopefully get some time to talk to you all again real soon.

Hunter's_owner
July 20th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Welcome back :)

Sounds like you have been super busy!
Do you have any new pics ;) :D

hazelrunpack
July 20th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Yes! Pictures! :D I'd love to see that huge rosette! :thumbs up

mummummum
July 20th, 2007, 02:16 PM
When you have that many dogs (not to mention those "pesky children, a husband, freinds and relatives" to boot !) ~ life is NEVER dull. It's nice to see you back though !

i_have_too_many
July 21st, 2007, 11:16 AM
OK here is a pic of our pretty little baby Xena with her "huge rosette" If I hold it to my chin it reaches almost to my knee!

It turns out we will not be breeding Kera after all, her season seams a little mixed up and just when she should have been ready to breed, she is finished :frustrated: Either she is having a "split heat" or she is just teasing us. The worst is the people who own the stud didnt get back to us until Friday and when they brought him down to our friends this morning we had decided it was not worth it to try to breed her, now my friend (the dogs breeder) has this dog for a week because these people are on vacation. Needless to say, this friend is not happy with me and I feel really bad about it.

Well, hubby needs me to get some fuel for his lawn tractor so he can cut grass, first time in a month! Here is the pic.

Oh I am attaching a pic of Trixi's big win too when she got her Championship.

Lukka'sma
July 21st, 2007, 12:02 PM
Very nice, and welcome back

cpietra16
July 21st, 2007, 12:11 PM
WOW they look so proud. Congrats and welcome back

OC_Spirit
July 24th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Awesome!! You got some very nice dogs!!!

rainbow
July 25th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Congratulations and good to see you back. :highfive:

hazelrunpack
July 25th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Very nice! Congratulations on the wins! Beautiful dogs, IHTM. :cloud9: